“last day best meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Red Hill, Victoria, Australia
“last day best meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We saw reviews on TA and notes at our rented condo. So we thought we had better give this
place a try before we go home to Australia tomorrow, Well, it is the best food my wife and I have had in Playa - no kidding!, My wife had the hamburger and I had the rib eye - both were cooked to perfection, I could have cut the steak with the back of my knife. We have been in Playa for 10 days and were looking for something different. This place is what memories are for. We will never forget it. Oh!, and you must say hello to the "resident" mutt Pancho.
Gordon and Susie

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Lives up to the hype!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the reviews, I knew I couldn't go wrong with this place! And, it delivered. I had the sausage sandwich and a ham & cheese empanada and both were awesome. As stated, the little market next store had cheap beer that I joyfully drank while eating. The owner is hard working and the place is unpretentious (a nice change from trendy 5th Ave). I cannot recommend this place enough, particularly if you're tired of paying the often outrageous prices at other places.

Visited June 2013
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Good was outstanding! Service great and a good value as well. I'm sure I'll be back before I leave. ;-D

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
“One of the best Changarros in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is literally a hole in the wall type food stand, changarro. A tasty change from tacos. Very good prices and quality. Get a quick bite and have fun.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to La Portena last week in Playa based on the TA reviews, and they were spot on. The restaurant is really just a counter bar with a few stools and a guy cooking up some amazing meat. We brought our own beer and bought plastic cups from the store next store. I had the grilled sausage on a bun and my husband had the rib eye. We had just had steak on Quinta the night before, and the steak we had at La Portena was so much better and half the price. Also, they made a Chimichurri Sauce that was amazing. I was spooning it on every bite. The owner was working the grill that night, and he is really laid back. Chatty, but not too chatty, you can still enjoy your own conversation. The cliental was a nice mix of locals and tourists, the location is great just off 5th. This is going to be one of our go to place in Playa from now on.

• Visited May 2013