“Vacation to Playa Del Carmen for BPM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelicano Inn

Save Saved
You added Pelicano Inn to your Saves list
Pelicano Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 8 entre 5a. y Zona Federal | Zona Federal, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #137 of 199 hotels in Playa del Carmen
San Jose, California
“Vacation to Playa Del Carmen for BPM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Pro:
What I like about this place, was the location and the building was like authentic Spanish Villa right at the beach next to the 5-notte street which has all the shops and restaurants.Staff were very nice and helpful, rooms were clean daily, had AC and frig and little balconies.
During my stay it was the BPM fest going on, and couple of my friends who stayed at the different hotels near by they said they cant sleep at night because of the clubs and the party's don't stop until 6am. I didn't have that problem at this Hotel :-)
I would definitely stay here again for 3-star Hotel and beach front, cant complain :-)

Con:
The hotel furniture and decor can get a little upgrade.

Tips:
All the front ocean view have a nice balconies tv, frig, AC, I recommend rooms: 301, 302, 303,304,305, 306

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Since recently having knee surgery, I knew I wanted to be close to the beach but also close to restaurants. The Pelicano Inn, Playa del Carmen turned out to be the perfect location. Traveling the Saturday after Thanksgiving and staying for 4 nights, I found the location to be better than expected. The manager was kind enough to give me a ground floor room with a refrigerator when I emailed my request a month before asking. I wanted for nothing. Everyone that worked there was so kind and was always ready to assist, almost before asking. Paying half the cost of all other hotels on the beach was a bonus. Even if the cost was the same, I'd still pay it for the ambiance. I had the garden view and couldn't imagine taking a different room. It was so wonderful to see all the foliage while sitting on my balcony with my coffee every morning. I highly recommend this hotel and will not consider staying any place else if my travel plans take me back to PDC in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

the service and everything was just amazing, Ismael at the front desk was incredible, he sowed me around the beach, extremely kind and polite, all the personnel there was.
no doubt the best experience I've ever had in a hotel in playa del carmen! so placed of my visit and certainly coming back
I do expect next year to be back and share more good moments at this amazing place.
honestly the yes hotel I've ever been into in playa del carmen

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from our stay here and I have to say it exceeded all our expectations. The facilities were great and we could not have asked for a better staff. It is located right on the water which we loved. We were greeted by a young man named Ismael and he took fantastic care of us throughout our entire stay. The desk staff was very attentive as well as the restaurant staff. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Saint Clairsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is a wonderful property. It is sure to make any couples dreams come true. Ismael is fun to be around and kept us very entertained. I was so happy that I had someone who could speak English to me and make me smile. It was affordable and beautiful. Ismael was a wonderful host to us during our visit and very helpful. I know I have a friend in Ismael. Gracias for a lovely time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I came to PDC to celebrate my honeymoon. Perfect decision choosing this hotel. It's affordable, everything you need is nearby and the staff is just amazing!! I want to thank Ismael who all the time took care of us, and was the best host ever!! Ismael is the person you can ask any question and he will be so helpful.
The hotel is clean, safe and with a beautiful garden area to just chill out.
I strongly will recommend this hotel to my friends and family!!
Thank you for making our honeymoon a great experience...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wien, Österreich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The garden area was beautiful, with a view of the Carribean. We were treated very well and efficentally by English speaking staff. We were greeted, promptly on arrival. Loved the location. Thanks for Ismael Leonardo Zacarias Vazquez!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pelicano Inn? Share your experiences!