“No Place Better to Stay in Playa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelicano Inn

Save Saved
You added Pelicano Inn to your Saves list
Pelicano Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 8 entre 5a. y Zona Federal | Zona Federal, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #138 of 197 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fort Worth, Texas
“No Place Better to Stay in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Since recently having knee surgery, I knew I wanted to be close to the beach but also close to restaurants. The Pelicano Inn, Playa del Carmen turned out to be the perfect location. Traveling the Saturday after Thanksgiving and staying for 4 nights, I found the location to be better than expected. The manager was kind enough to give me a ground floor room with a refrigerator when I emailed my request a month before asking. I wanted for nothing. Everyone that worked there was so kind and was always ready to assist, almost before asking. Paying half the cost of all other hotels on the beach was a bonus. Even if the cost was the same, I'd still pay it for the ambiance. I had the garden view and couldn't imagine taking a different room. It was so wonderful to see all the foliage while sitting on my balcony with my coffee every morning. I highly recommend this hotel and will not consider staying any place else if my travel plans take me back to PDC in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

the service and everything was just amazing, Ismael at the front desk was incredible, he sowed me around the beach, extremely kind and polite, all the personnel there was.
no doubt the best experience I've ever had in a hotel in playa del carmen! so placed of my visit and certainly coming back
I do expect next year to be back and share more good moments at this amazing place.
honestly the yes hotel I've ever been into in playa del carmen

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from our stay here and I have to say it exceeded all our expectations. The facilities were great and we could not have asked for a better staff. It is located right on the water which we loved. We were greeted by a young man named Ismael and he took fantastic care of us throughout our entire stay. The desk staff was very attentive as well as the restaurant staff. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Saint Clairsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is a wonderful property. It is sure to make any couples dreams come true. Ismael is fun to be around and kept us very entertained. I was so happy that I had someone who could speak English to me and make me smile. It was affordable and beautiful. Ismael was a wonderful host to us during our visit and very helpful. I know I have a friend in Ismael. Gracias for a lovely time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I came to PDC to celebrate my honeymoon. Perfect decision choosing this hotel. It's affordable, everything you need is nearby and the staff is just amazing!! I want to thank Ismael who all the time took care of us, and was the best host ever!! Ismael is the person you can ask any question and he will be so helpful.
The hotel is clean, safe and with a beautiful garden area to just chill out.
I strongly will recommend this hotel to my friends and family!!
Thank you for making our honeymoon a great experience...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wien, Österreich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The garden area was beautiful, with a view of the Carribean. We were treated very well and efficentally by English speaking staff. We were greeted, promptly on arrival. Loved the location. Thanks for Ismael Leonardo Zacarias Vazquez!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I did not stay at this hotel but I did choose this place to hang at the beach. They offer lounge chairs on the beach side of the hotel, as many of the hotels on the east side of the Quinta in Playa Del Carmen do. They range from economical to lavish. Some of them charge $10.00usd a day for the use of the chair and will waive the fee if you purchase food/beverages. Over the years of traveling to PDC, I have usually found that by asking if you can spend the day and purchase items, can we have the chair for free. Having this conversation up front provides you the security of knowing you have the place you want to be and gives the waiter the knowledge of knowing he has secured a client for the day. This place has a flatter nice beach in front. Some of the beach lines in PDC have severe erosion. Roberto was our waiter this day and he was very attentive but not at all pushy to purchase more then we wanted. We ate breaksfast inside and then proceeded to beach chairs. The bathrooms were extremely modern and very clean. I would recommend stopping here if you are looking for this kind of experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelicano Inn? Share your experiences!