stayed in beach front room and had a mostly good stay.
location in relation to restaurants, beach stuff is pretty much perfect, no problems there.
didn't catch(don't remember) his name but the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, no problems there.
property is a bit old and on the beach (in Mexico) so condition and facilities are about what you'd expect. Not bad, maybe a little damp,musty but, again it;s on the beach and it's no worse than pretty much any where else. I guess the room looked just a little tired but, again, our room was on the beach and the weather, sun, wind, sand, etc, is gonna give it a battering. king size Bed was OK, prob a bit hard. no big issue for me or my gf. but honestly, no exaggeration, the pillows were as thick and hard as a cinder block. when i first layeddown i actually wondered what they were. laughably bad. all in all no real, deal breaker type problems with the condition of the room itself
For me, the real deal breaker was noise, as all night long music from several locations up and down the beach. also quite a bit from people on the beach as well. I'm sorry to say that for me it was unbearable. Funny thing, i was chatting with another guest in the morning that had stayed in one of the inner rooms in the hotel and she said her room was quiet as a tomb. if i return it will definatly be one of those and not the beach front room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Pelicano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelicano Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Pelicano Playa Del Carmen
- Pelicano Inn Playa Del Carmen
- Pelicano Inn Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico