“Charming Italian trattoria” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Open: 4:00 p.M to 11:00 p.M
“Charming Italian trattoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Intimate trattoria with delicious basic Italian food - homemade pasta cooked to perfection, yummy fresh pizzas, best service (Giovanni is just the friendliest host ever), and great local wines even by the glass. Just a perfect non pretentious charming restaurant.
Prices are not pretentious either - not typical for Playa Del Carmen.
Best Italian trattoria you could possibly want.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Nice and Charming!
Great service in Italian, french and/or spanish.
Pizza were fantastic and they have a lot to choose from.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a great little restaurant and stands out from the crowd in Playa, location is quieter, food is delicious and the service entertaining and attentive. Would highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We visited this restaurnat twice during our 10 day stay in Playa del Carmen. both times we ordered a pizza as an appetizer, first the margarita, and then the sausage. Both were excellent, as were the entres we tried: black pearl ravioli with salmon, gnocchi with pesto, ravioli al fresco, fettuccini with salmon in cream, gnocchi bolanese. This is the best Italian restaurant in Playa, so you'll need reservations.
Our only problem was that both times around 7 or 8pm it was still so warm in the place, that the fans barely helped. It's hard to appreciate the quality of food when you're uncomfortable.

Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Make a reservation...it's worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

So, I showed up at around 6pm...without a reservation...how was I supposed to know?! I was informed by the host that there wouldn't be an open table until 8:30pm!! I walked away a little disappointed because the restaurant looked almost empty. Well, we ended up walking past it a little later and it was indeed packed. We decided to get massages and ended up stopping by again at almost 9pm because we were still craving some good Italian food...and this place did not disappoint!

We have been to different parts of Italy and this definitely reminded me of that time. Apparently family owned and it shows. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food, however, was so tasty and flavor-packed! I don't normally like clams, but we ordered what was the special at the time which was spaghetti with clams cooked in white wine. Wow is what I remember saying. I think these were some of the best clams I ever tasted, seriously folks, no lie. I had a pretty great glass of their red wine. Needless to say my Italian food craving was well satisfied.

***NOTE: MAKE A RESERVATION!!...if you don't, don't be surprised if you are turned away. it was worth the wait, but learn from my mistake so you don't have to! cheers and buon appetito! Oh yeah, when I went there was a little construction going on the street in front, so we didn't spot it at first.

• Visited March 2014