Visited in April 2012
- Spacious rooms and bedding and furniture looks and feels new and is comfortable
- Nice big tiled shower with tiled bench & luxe bath products
- Front desk helped us book a car and negotiate down the rate at our checkout (had not planned ahead)
- Breakfast is delicious & a la carte (they didn't only have eggs!)
- The website offers 50% off the rate through December 2012 so this was the best value by far
- Location is great - 1 block off 5a ave and 2 blocks away from Mamitas / Kool
- The decor is just too tacky and you would have some explaining to do if you came with kids
- we went the weekend before Easter and there was 0 ambiance at the roof bar on a Saturday evening
We asked to be put in the quiet area and did not hear any noise at night. Would return, especially if the prices stay this great. If not, might check out some of the other options further down the 5a.
- Also Known As:
- Reina Roja Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reina Roja is located in the quiet tourist district called by the Maya Xeman Ha, now known as Playa del Carmen on the Yucatan Peninsula.Experimental architecture that plays with the limits of conventional make your stay a unique and special.The red light and its properties are a constant element that is present in every corner of Reina Roja; this vital color symbolizes life, movement and activity.We invite you to explore the original accommodations, fun, and haute cuisine that Reina Roja has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Reina Roja Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.