“I really loved the Fusion Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Hotel

You added Fusion Hotel to your Saves list
Fusion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6th street and the beach | Centre, Colonia Centro, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #111 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Missouri
“I really loved the Fusion Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Fusion Hotel last week and we loved it. We stayed in room 17, it is beachfront. Even though it is very basic it was a great view and a perfect location. Some didn't like the music playing loud and late but we loved the music so we didn't mind at all. It always ended about 1:30am or so. The atmosphere at the restaurant and beach bar were amazing and all of the entertainment was fabulous! We only had nacho's in the restaurant...they were okay. My only complaint about the room was the shower...pressure was good but they need to dip it in some vinegar because it would spray you in the face every time you turned it on! Oh well! I definitely want to go back.

Room Tip: If you like a great view and the music won't bother you choose the beachfront rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Room 17 does indeed have an amazing view of the beach and sea. And on clear days even of Cozumel :)

Thank you for mentioning the shower, I already passed it on to Tonita, our cleaning lady for that room.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went in Fusion Hotel in May 2013 and had the room 29.

First of all, you can trust pictures on tripadvisor, it's exactly like that.

Fusion is a great hotel, very well situated in Playa, 2 little blocks from autobus station, along the main beach of Playa.
The room was clean and cute. We had complimentary water bottles (2) every day and housekeepers were very nice. No safe in the room (but not necessary, it's a safe place), but I guess it will be resolved soon, because I've seen lockers ready to be installed the day before I left the hotel.
The room 29 is situated in the garden, so absolutely no noise issues; but if you want a room with ocean view, it will be very noisy (but good music!) until 1 or 2 am.
AC works well;TV with mexican and US channels, and a mini-fridge.

The food: Fusion is also a very good restaurant. fish tacos and chicken fajitas were delicious, but it's quite expensive comparatively to other places in Playa (160 pesos - around 16$ - for fish tacos and 50 pesos a beer; you can find cheaper everywhere else in Playa)

You can also book a tour for Chichen Itza (or another place) from the front desk. The hotel has a deal with easy tour, it's cheaper than book directly by easy tour, and the mini van (10 persons) comes pick you up at the hotel. One thing, you have to pay cash, no credit card for the tour.

The first bad point for me is continental breakfast. It's offered when you stay at the hotel, but it's very very basic. Ok it's continental, (3 toasts, 2 mini-croissants, juice and coffee/tea), but toast were prepared (I think) long time before be served, so they were not crispy at all... A detail sure, but continental breakfast is very easy to cook, I'm sure the hotel can do better on this. Fresh orange juice was good. They have also great full breakfast, but you have to pay for it.

The other bad point is again about breakfast. Pick-up for Chichen Itza was at 7:45am and breakfast is served from 8:00am - I've asked (the day before) for an early breakfast (just to have something to eat before 3 hours of road trip), but it was apparently impossible because the kitchen is closed until 8am. It's not very professional, and I'm sure Fusion can manage something for early departures (not a full breakfast, but just something to eat for customers).

Staff was nice, beach in front of the hotel is rocky, but walk like 2 meters, and you can swim in clear water!

Nice stay for a first trip in Playa.

Room Tip: room 29 Avoid room 13, not very well situated (between stairs, staff room, and front desk)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013

Thank you for your review!

It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay!

About the safes: we are adding safes to the rooms and over half of our rooms already have a safe.
The lockers that you saw were for the staff so they can keep their things there while working :)

Thank you for your comment on our breakfast. I agree that the breakfast is basic and therefor it should be good and the bread crispy. I talked about it with the chef and we are now making our own little crispy rolls (made the same morning) that are added to the bread basket.

Thank you and have a good weekend!

Bobcaygeon, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here for 9 days in mid April. We had requested an upper level room when booking but were given a lower level room upon arrival.With the thick gardens and backing onto street you felt very closed in. We asked to be moved to a room we requested and they obliged after 2 days. The upper room was perfect. You could see onto the adjacent road and over top of the gardens from the balcony. Rooms were very clean and this unit had the best shower from any of our hotels we stayed in. The free breakfast was just a couple of pieces of toast and a few pastries but was enough to get you going for the day. Happy hour until 6was nice and the food was ggod when we ate here. They do provide a 10% discount to those staying in the hotel. The bands were always good and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Location can not be beat although swimming in the ocean is sketchy in front of the hotel due to exposed rocks. We just walked down the beach a few hundred feet and it was great. A wide range of people stay at this resort which adds to its character. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. Close to the main strip and right on the ocean.Just perfect!

Room Tip: Stayed in ground floor room first 2 nights and felt closed in because of garden and room backed onto...
FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review!

We always try to give people a certain room they request but sometimes it is not possible unfortunately, due to a previous or following reservation.
We always suggest people to contact us directly if they prefer a certain room and we can check in our system right away.

I am glad that you were able to move into the room you preferred.

Have a great weekend and we hope to see you again some day :)

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

location was good. a/c worked nice and big flat screen tv on the wall. all in all a descent room for 1 night. a basic room with a king bed and thats what we wanted. we could not check in until around 4pm but we just sat at the beach and had a few beers and some food. quick wallk from ADO. i would stay here again for a night maybe two. room was clean, people are nice. the free little breakfast that was included was VERY limited. plan on breakfast else where.

FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review!

Yes, I remember your late check-in. Our apologies again for that :(
We had many check-outs & check-ins that day and the guest before you left on a tour without notfiying us and checked out too late.

The breakfast that is included in the room is indeed very basic. Coffee or tea, orange juice, toasted bread, small croissants, butter and jam.
The restaurant also offers a breakfast menu a la carte and the guests from the hotel receive a 10% discount at the moment on the complete menu till 6pm.

But I am glad too hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at Fusion and consider coming back.. Next time you come pls let me know and I will make sure you can have an early check-in!

Have a good week!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for five nights in April i was quite a bit skeptical before getting there I have stayed quite a few very nice resorts in the area mostly five-star all-inclusive resorts Such as secrets , I bureau star , Vallentine, And the Royal So when I decided to stay at fusion it was a little out of the norm for myself The rooms are a little rundown And the showers are not the greatest What they make up for it hundred times over in atmosphere I truly feel that When I think of Mexico in the Riviera Maya this hotel is what it's all about great music great food in the best atmosphere in the entire city I think possibly the entire world After staying here there's no way I could ever stay at another one of the five-star all-inclusive resorts I enjoyed myself so much and was so relaxed by the time I left that all I can think about is going back The waitstaff super friendly the food was delicious the drinks are awesome But most of all it comes down to the atmosphere the owner is super friendly and always they're willing to help With with whatever you need The makeup of people at the resort is very diverse their people from all over the world to stay here locals a come here to eat it's like no other place in the entire city from what I've seen Highly recommended can't wait to go back Thank you for a great time You are looking for a hotel to unwind relax and just enjoy yourself this is definitely the place for you Atmosphere atmosphere atmosphere that is what it's all about Simply amazing

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your great review!!

Like you said, staying at Fusion is a different experience than staying at an AI.
What makes Fusion a great place for me is the location, on the beach and close to 5th avenue where you can stroll along shops, restaurants and bars.
Furthermore we try to create a nice atmosphere in the Hotel & Restaurant so people feel like they are in the Caribbean.

I am curious in room which room you stayed because at the moment we are starting again on updating several bathrooms over the next 2 months. So if you decide to come back let me know and I will make sure you get a room with an updated bathroom :)

Thank you so much for taking the time and have a great day!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a great week stay at this hotel. We loved being here and felt that the staff was absolutely fabulous. They are very welcoming and hard working.

Highlights:
The room... clean, great water pressure, flat screen tv with cable, comfy bed, mini refrigerator, closet with hangers, and awesome AC unit. We were in the back garden and the music from the restaurant was never a problem.

The restaurant... food was DELICIOUS, lots of options, salads were amazing, tacos de arrachera were excellent, and I loved the fruit smoothies. Everything was very good. The waiters were efficient and freindly. Best food and customer service in Playa, hands down.

Location..... beach front location was great. We enjoyed the beach chairs everyday.

Entertainment.... the bands were good. We enjoyed the raggae the best.

Bar.... beer was cold. Mixed drinks were good.

Price..... great prices.

Cons...

We should have stayed 2 weeks.. =)

FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear guest,

A pleasure to read your review :)

I am glad you felt comfortable in one of our rooms! They are basic but should have all the necesities you need. Please let me know if you were missing anything that you think would be good to have in the room. Recommendations are always very welcome!

I will also pass your nice comments about food & drinks on to the kitchen and bar. It is nice for them to know that their work is appreciated and people enjoy the food and drinks, thank you!

Overall, thank you and we hope to see you again in Fusion Hotel!

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Its my 3rd tme in Playa Del Carmen, on my last visits I loved eating at the hotel restaurant, and this time i decided to stay at the hotel, and my boyfrined and i enjoyed it very much!
We stayed at a garden room, the room has 2 double beds and it has everything you need for a perfact vacation. the hotel is right on the beach, so its realy comfertable,and the hotel restaurant has the best food in Playa!! and there's a band playing every afternoon and at the night, and also a fire show everynight, its fun to seat for drink or eat in the restaurant every hour of the day. the stay includes continental breakfast, beach beds and beach towels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FusionHotel, Manager at Fusion Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013

Thank you for your review!

We hope you have a great day and that we see you again one day at Fusion!

Kim

Been to Fusion Hotel? Share your experiences!