We had a warm welcome by the staff, the hotel is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!. Since our arrival Boli (concierge) had everything prepared at our Ocean view villa, my husband planned a surprise for me and Boli was very helpful, he is indeed a great value for the resort, always smiling and willing to assist you with everything you may need.
Our room was very cute, it had a palapa, a couple of hammocks and the view to the ocean was just stunning and what we needed, Jose Luis the bellman was really nice to us and attentive all the time.
The food is delicious, real mexican flavors and the service is great, Manuel is so friendly as well as his cousin (sorry i forgot his name).
The location of the resort is SUPER, so close to 5th Ave. and to the dock so you can go to Cozumel.
There are few details about customer service from Front Desk that they need to work on, some maintenance in the areas, the shop or store is not well equiped, but everything can be fixed. Special thanks to housekeeping for having our room always clean and ready.
Overall we would love to go back and we hope we will, thank you for making our stay a memorable one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahékal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 121 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen.The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahékal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer television, radios or telephones. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico