We chose the Playacar Palace based on reviews in Trip Advisor and everything people are saying about the place is true. The service was over-the-top and amazing. Several waiters and servers actually remembered our names and preference for where we wanted to sit.
Here are a few tips:
1. When you arrive, ask for the room upgrade. Don't wait till the next day. Ask if you can use extra points for the honeymoon suite. That's what we did and it was worth it to have a HUGE balcony over-looking the ocean. Not to mention, there is family room with another refrigerator.
2. The Italian restaurant is the best. Don't order the Grouper, stick with Salmon. At the Asian restaurant, my wife liked the sushi but I preferred the stir-fried.
3. If you go to Cozumel, book only a one-way trip. It gives you flexibility on when you want to return. They take U.S. dollars, never use a credit card. The Cozumel Palace is only a 17 minute walk to the right of the pier. Bring your snorkel gear and have lunch, it's the best.
4. If you don't want to hear the music and games go to the far left of the pool. It's nice and fairly quiet there.
5. Use your points for the massage. When you go to the spa/golf make sure you walk and take the side road that runs along the beach. It's much nicer than the main road. Lotsa cool homes and things to look at. It's about a 15 minute walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico