My husband and I were married at the Playacar Palace in June 2007.
We went through the Group Reservation department for the Palace Resorts and brought 70 guests with us. Sergio Rivera was our contact and we had an amazing time!! NONE of our guests had any complaints. The customer service was impeccable. For example, all of our guests were on the 4th and 5th floors, and all guests who arrived early received early check-ins and did not have to wait. Also, even with the discounted group rate, tours were included in my guests' packages.
Yasmin, our wedding coordinator, was perfect. We often communicated via email for the wedding details (e.g. flowers, music, wedding arch, menu, linens) and EVERY request I had was implemented. Pedro Basto was the events coordinator and he worked with Yasmin to make sure all of our needs were met.
The highlights of the vacation were definitely the high level customer service and the execution of the wedding ceremony and reception events. The children loved the beach and pool and our adult guests spent great times in the wet bar! We enjoyed the buffet and the food at the Italian restaurant was great. My guests also loved the fact that the hotel was in close proximity to 5th Avenue--I took my guests on a walking tour the first evening down 5th Avenue to the Blue Parrot Beach Club. We had a ball and it was great because over the next few days, the guests would go into town in small groups for shopping.
We stayed in the Governor's Suite (410) and it was amazing!
I think the greatest compliment to the Playacar Palace is the fact that even with such a diverse group of people traveling--couples, couples with children and singles--EVERYONE had an amazing time. Also with a group this size, it was very nice to be the big fish in a little pond, meaning the hotel size was very intimate. It was nice to always run into one of my guests. Also, I felt comfortable/safe that my nine year old son could go to the room to change or get sunblock without getting lost.
Needless to say that we had a dream experience with the people of the Playacar--our family will definitely be back and our guests talked about returning with there families as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico