My friend and I stayed at this resort the first week of March and had
a wonderful time. There were no crazy college kids and very few families with little children. Mostly adult groups of friends and family and honeymooners. After reading about all of the chaos with room choices, I was prepared to hold my ground at check-in. A previous review said any room ending in 48 and above had no view is correct EXCEPT if you are on the 4th or fifth floor. We were given room 552 and I was hesitant at first, but it turned out to be perfect. This room had double beds, jacuzzi, flat screen tv, nice shower and a cute little balcony with table and 2 chairs and a beautiful view of the ocean and the sunsets. I preferred this side of the hotel because you had no noise from the ferries that start at 5 am and run until 11pm, or noise from the pool area. The service is fantastic at this resort and we both really enjoyed the food
(and Mexican red wine) at all restraunts. Being 2 women traveling alone, we felt very safe and had a great time at Senor Frogs and the Blue Parrot. When we left at night and took a taxi anywhere, they would write down our wrist band numbers and the taxi number, so I applaud the security! We did take the ferry over to Cozumel ($20.00 round trip) and did the dolphin swim at the beautiful Chankanab park. Then we took a taxi to the Cozumel Palace and had lunch and drinks for free over there. (much more party atmosphere at this Palace resort). We didn't mind that there was no beach at our hotel for a couple of reasons. First, there are no topless women parading in front you( go to the other side of the ferry dock if you want a show) Second, the day we did have a low tide and calm surf, they brought a bunch of waverunners on the beach and the noise and smell of gasoline from the waverunners didn't make for a relaxing day at the pool, but that only happened one day and we were gone most of the day at Xcaret. The bartenders were great and the choice of liquor is endless. We are wine and martini drinkers so we were happy!
Anyway, I would definately return to this hotel, great location and service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico