This was our 2nd visit. We last visited 4yrs ago and normal never return to the same place but we did a tour to vegas,cancun and playacar so we were happy to revisit as we fell in love with the place before
So check in was easy and we were offered alternative room of a sea view so we snapped it up. Wasn't the best decision as we were oposite the ice machine and lift. 2 bad combinations and would recommend moving. Also the ferry now blows the horn on the hour from 7am. My partner bought ear plugs.
Good to see the new pool tables but we did miss the ping pong table. The food was as excellent as before. Shame the sea was riddled with dark seaweed. Not the hotels fault. The only downside is the pool is small but the pool service is fantastic even if you tip or not
I did notice there is a definition of class at the hotel. Your wristband states what "class" or country you are from. Does this really matter ?
I would sat the entertainment staff are not interactive and actually do not approach you. My partner did play beach volleyball regular but they don't gain interest in knowing names etc.
Sometimes the pool is full of loud American bachelor party's and weddings take priority over areas. Last time they held theme nights outside but now there are always weddings taking over the outside space.
Still a good hotel and great location. But look at other resorts such as secrets the vine if you want more modern and chic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico