We arrived here on 28th Sept 2013. Check in was quick, and we were shown straight to our room. The room was clean and very spacious. I was a little disappointed as we never had a balcony, although the view was still outstanding! We used some of our credits to upgrade to concierge. Which meant I now had a balcony and was a happy bunny. The food at this resort was excellent, and its been the first time, in my experience you could actually make a decent meal out of a buffet, at an all inclusive resort. We tried both the a la carte restaurants, and the food and the service was the kind you would expect from a 5 star restaurant and pay at least £100.00 per couple. If you want the tepanyaki then you must book as the spaces are limited, but other than that, no reservation is needed. Rudolph was our waiter for most of the 2 week stay and he was always so helpful, and made us Mayan coffees, yummy, and a banana flambe.
The resort credits are a fantastic idea, we had $2,500, and didnt spend them all. If you take into consideration that if you use the credits you have to pay the tax (11%) you still need to spend over £250.00 to use them all. They do come in handy for the trips, and the spa, although I never used the spa I know people who did and they were impressed.
We went on the Captain Hooks Galleon Pirate Ship, couldnt use the credits for this, and I think it was about $90.00 each. But well worth every penny, I would recommend this to everyone. They put on a show, quite funny as well, children are catered for, although it can be a late night, we never got back until midnight, and started at 7pm. The food on this trip was lovely, I had the surf n turf, and warned my husband "the food wont be as it looks on the leaflet"....I was right, it was better! steak, lobster, chicken, salads, jacket potatoes rice, pasta etc, and the crew (pirates) were not shy with keeping your glasses full either.The photo for this is $20.00 so take some cash.
We also did the dolphin swim, I actually cried as it was so emotional. You can use your credits for this, but if you want the upgrade to a royal swim, then its $60.00 each.
The pool was clean, and never seemed overly busy. Plenty of sun loungers around the pool. The beach is amazing, with the dock for the ferry to cozumel on the beach.
The staff around the pool will always be on hand to bring you drinks, and your hardly without. The barstaff at the pool are excellent, friendly, funny, and with a brilliant sense of humour, Gerardo, Israel and Ivan made sure we were always watered! The food at the pool is adequate for lunch time as well, if you didnt fancy the buffet.
The waitresses in the Cielo bar and luna bar are just as friendly, and very efficient! keeping our glasses refilled, greeting us by our names, and our "usual" drinks especially Nora. Then theres the entertainment team!!!!!.....well what can I say? The poolside was always the hive of activity, with funny games, inc Bingo, without being too in your face or hi de hi! They work extremely hard, and again, always remember your names. Cesar, Alex, Aline, Ivan, and the other 2 ladies whos names escape me...were without doubt what kept us all going. We had just 1 day of rain, and they still entertained us.
I would go back to this resort in a flash, no hesitation.
The staff are definitely the Jewel in this resorts crown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico