After spending our honeymoon at the Moon Palace in 1998, we decided to try another Palace resort for our 15th anniversary. We travel a lot and have been to many all-inclusive resorts as well as cruises. After doing some research, we decided on the Playcar Palace. All of the reviews we have read were excellent - and rather than go into those (you can read them yourself), we will just give an overview and then our thoughts.
The resort is small and intimate, which is good for us. Everything was easy to find, the resort is kept very clean, and the location is superb. The restaurants were really good (compared to others we've been at). We ate one night at the Japanese restaurant, twice at the Italian restaurant (one night was a special "honeymoon" dinner not on the menu and set up for us by Mara - thanks, Mara!), one night at the Mexican restaurant, and a romantic dinner on the beach. The food was really good every night, as was the breakfast and lunch buffet and the snacks at the Aqua Bar. Our last night we ventured into town and ate dinner at the Blue Parrot - which I highly recommend (thanks Pedro and Manuel!).
We cannot say enough about the entire staff at this resort. It has to be the best of any resort we have ever been to. From the management down to the maintenance people, they are fantastic and make you feel at home and like you are one of their family. We want to thank them personally here.... Thanks to David Rubio and Mara (management) for being so personable and attentive and making our stay so nice. Your staff is great and that starts at the top. Thanks to the bellman Manuel who spoke to us by name every day (after having a hard time with our last name). Thanks to the entire spa staff (we had the 80 minute couples massage and it's the best we have EVER had anywhere!!!) especially Guadalupe and Angel and Inocenta (who did my pedicure). Alma at the lobby and Luna Lounge was a delight and made our stay special. Dominico and David in the Italian restaurant were great and made our special dinner - VERY special! Cesar and Victor did a fabulous job with the entertainment all day. And the best for last - the bartenders and waitstaff at the Aqua Bar and around the pool. These people work VERY hard and are always happy. They love to laugh and joke around and made our trip one of the best we've ever had - Carmen (our new Mexican son), Roman (sexy man), Nora (don't forget the new rules), Perla (who remembers what you drink and brings it to you before you ask), Martha, Bernice, Leonardo (my little DiCaprio), Israel, Javier (who's always smiling), Angel, Roger, Francisco, and anyone we forgot - WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
In short - we HIGHLY recommend this resort and we would love to go back again - and probably will. It was one of the most relaxing, fun, and romantic trips we've ever taken.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Hotel
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.