My husband and I stayed at the Playacar Palace during the first week of March along with our 2 kids (3 & 8 yrs of age). We chose this hotel for its location (right on Playa Del Carmen's 5th avenue) and because of its size. We were looking for a small, quiet resort, where children would be welcomed. Although there weren't many activities for the kids, this was fine with us. They kept themselves occupied just by playing in the pool or in the sand. They did go to the kids' club twice and said they had fun (activities included making a pinata, drawing or playing video games). The club is right next to the pool which is nice if you are an insecure mom like me who wants to keep a distant eye on your kids at all times while still enjoying some time on your own.
The food ranged from good to excellent; we particularly enjoyed the Asian restaurant and the teppanyaki table. No reservation needed and we never had to wait for a table. The service was great at all the restaurants, as well as by the pool and beach. Despite the resort being small, it never felt crowded and it was easy to find loungers.
We spent some of our credits on wine and also purchased a photo session (ended up paying the 11% tax which cost us about 40$ for 5 pictures). I went to the beauty salon with my daughter and we each got a manicure/pedicure. Unfortunately, I waited until day 4 to make an appoinment for a spa treatment and they were booked out, so do not delay or you will be disappointed.
Overall, we really liked this hotel and would recommend it without hesitation.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Hotel
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.