Stayed at Playacar Dec. 5-11 for a family wedding and we were very happy with our stay. Resort was smallish in size compared to other all inclusives we have stayed was a nice change. You definitely feel like your a guest and not just a number.
As the other reviews state, you cannot beat the location!! You are couple minute walk by street or beach to 5th Avenue (shopping, restaurants, bars, etc.) If you dont want to deal with the vendors, night ventures are the way to go. For the most part, most shops, etc. stay open until at least 10 pm.
Pool and beach were both fantastic. The pool is smaller in size but we never had issues finding chairs even with the hotel fully booked. The beach was pure sand and the water is amazing. You cant go wrong if you are beach person or a pool person.
The food was very good at the Italian restaurant (ate there twice as our dinner on the beach was cancelled on the last night due to rain), breakfast was good - they make omelettes, pancakes, etc. to order. The lunches at the pool were all good as well - we loved the burgers. I did not have the buffet while there but others in our group did and said it was okay.
The service was outstanding - big shot out to Juan - the best bartender around. From concierge, the front desk, the bars and servers, we had no complaints. You can tell that costumer service is highly stressed at the resort and it shows. Big thanks to the Staff!!
Wedding was nicely done. Ceremony was on the beach and reception by the pool. We had a group of 50 plus and most of us ended up in the pool at the end of the night - good ending to a great night.
The guys used credits to golf at Playacar golf club - great course, nicely kept, but very challenging. The girls used credits at the newly remodeled spa within the resort and loved it.
All in all, I definitely recommend the resort. And Playa is now our new favorite spot in Mexico!!!
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Hotel
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront Resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our amazing Resort features 200 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This Resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of “Playa” at night. Playacar Palace it’s all inclusive, all incredible and all yours… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, MexVax and Tingo so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.