My wife and i have just returned from a ten night holiday at this great resort.
The bad points-Arriving on the 4th January 2014 we were sadly greeted by rain/grey skies which lasted for half of our holiday.
The good points-The weather improved !!!!!!! - the hotel is traditional and not too big.The room was fine and was cleaned once a day,with towel designed animals a feature courtesy of the maids.
The staff in general are very attentive in particular the lobby bar staff who waited on us hand and foot.
The staff at the buffet and various restaurants were always happy to serve and never left you with an empty glass.
The waiting on staff on the beach were fantastic-always smiling and bringing drinks-so you did,nt have to stray too far from the sun lounger.
The grounds were fantastic and the presence of the animals was fascinating,great fun to see them daily.
The beach was great with warm water and white sand.
The weather as mentioned was a bit of a bummer but we did have a few good days and made the most.
The food is plentiful and varied-you would have to be really picky not to find something you like.
As an experience I would certainly rate this hotel and would look to go again.
My only criticism was re the various Al La Carte restaurants.
It stipulates that gents have to wear shirts with sleeves and no shorts,but on the four occasions we attended we saw several guys wearing sports/beach shorts.
I think in the Buffet restaurant its fine but if its stipulated then it should be encouraged as the Al Le Carte Restaurants are meant to be the more "special" dining nights.
Im not being picky but its just an observation.
Hopefully we will visit again in the near future-
The grounds of the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico