It was our first trip South (we're from Quebec) and we had the time of our lives. We were expecting a relaxing vacation in the sun but we got so much more! Our four kids (ranging from 8 to 16) had a ball participating in the different activities proposed by the "star friends". They earned many certificates that were awarded on stage every night. The evening shows were very entertaining. We got there early (8:00) just to see the little kids performing on stage. So funny and cute! The nightly live music performances and entertainment were greatly appreciated by all our family members.
The beach area right next to the resort was wide and clean, with more than enough lounging chairs and the sand was exempt of rocks. There are two volleyball and soccer fields and daily Zumba lessons right on the beach.
The food? Spectacular! You might think you'd get bored with a three meals a day buffet but there is so much variety that you just don't have enough of time in a short week to take advantage of all the fresh & delicious food offered. On top of that, you could also make a reservation for one the 6 other restaurants on site. We went at the Italian one and it was exquisite! The kids prefer the buffet because it's faster, but we (the old ones) enjoyed this options.
The rooms were clean and right in the middle of a jungle where animals roamed freely. We spent a lot of time watching iguanas, flamingos, turtles, parrots, noisy peacocks, monkeys and other unknown mammals. It was like walking through a rainforest every day as we went to the beach or to eat. Awesome!
We can't end without saying how much our stay was improved thanks to the people working as "star friends". These young people organize activities that are fun in a very entertaining way. They are pleasant, friendly, dynamic and making sure everyone around is happy. My kids preferred the activities at the resort than the trip we had to Walt Disney last year...who would of guessed? Would we book again? Definitely! The kids were depressed on their last day and said they would come up with enough money to pay for the trip next year...to be continued. We loved the fact that everything was included so there's no surprise once you get there.
Thanks Iberostar Quetzal for making this trip our best one ever! Worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico