Let's start with the bad since it is a very short list.
The coffee, the bed was hard, I had to leave after just five nights.
The room, the food (The steakhouse and the Italian were the best)
The Beach!!!! It was beautiful. The water was so blue and the sand was soft and white. You could walk forever. Turn to your right and we had what felt like miles of "just beach"! No hotels, condos, and very few, if any, people! MAGNIFICENT!!! There is even an artificial reef near the property (to the right and down the beach) We saw lots of fish including a really large barracuda!
The resort property was awesome. Beautiful and with all the monkeys and other critters running around, it made the short walk to everything a fun trip. If you are handicapped or have mobility issues this could be a problem. The pathways are not level.
The pool was great. It was huge!
The service was fantastic! The staff was friendly!
An absolutely amazing trip. I would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico