Our 7th trip to Playa Del Carmen and this resort was our least favorite!
The best thing about this resort is the location cause it's close to town and the beach! The grounds are nice too because of the wild life.
The pool is nice but the water was always too cold and it does not have a swim-up bar like other resorts. They have seperate little poor on the other end that has small swim-up bar. Other than that, the rooms are very old fashioned. The mattress and pillows are not good. The food at the specialty restaurants are not good also. They do NOT accommadate you when you have problem at the front desk. We ran into some problems and they did not show us that they cared! By far this lady in the front desk (Suemy) was the rudest person we had met. However the rest of the resort staff were very nice and pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico