“Better than expected. It's a water park - you'll be soaked all day and tons of walking.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Xplor Park Cancun

Visit Xplor Park Cancun like an insider
Special Offer
$239*
and up
Cancun Combo Tour: Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Xplor and...
More attraction details
Owner description: Xplor is a natural adventure park unique in its kind where you can do thrilling activities in natural outdoor scenery. A day full of fun and safety guaranteed await you in this peculiar underground world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ocean Ridge, Florida
16 attraction reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I typically try to avoid the typical tourist parks but I was pleasantly surprised with Xplor! We booked this through our hotel in Cancun and took a bus in the morning. (we finished early, about 3:30 and the bus wasn’t leaving until 5:30. It was only a $70 cab ride split between four people to return to Cancun! Totally worth it instead of waiting for the rest of the bus! We were back at our hotel, showered and having drinks in the bar when the rest of the people on the bus were finally returning around 7-ish!) First thing to be clear on is that this is a WATER PARK! A lot of people didn't realize that they will be wet the entire day and didn't dress appropriately. You get wet head to toe on the zip lines. The zip lines are awesome! Once you start them you can't turn back... you have to finish them. There is a ton of walking steep ramps and climbing stairs. I do not recommend for anyone with leg issues. Again, you will get 100% soaked so wear a bathing suit under some comfortable shorts and t shirt. There is even a water slide between one of the zip lines! Also, do not wear flip flops... with the tons of walking and they will probably fall off on the zip lines, I highly recommend bringing water shoes. You can pick them up cheap near your hotel or they sell them in the gift shop at the park. The raft/kayak in the caves is breathtaking. Again, you will get wet... not submerged like the zip lines. Also, the paddling was a bigger work out than expected and I also warn anyone with back, shoulder or arm issues to think twice. I liked the ATV vehicles that you drive through the jungle track. Some of the trails are pretty steep and you go through several caves. We were lucky that there wasn't anyone else around us on the track so we were able to enjoy it without having to slow down for other people. In fact, we didn't have any long lines for the zip lines, caves or vehicles the entire day. I think this was due to the fact that we went on a day that was a little cooler and overcast, hence I think that deterred the normal crowds. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the park if I had to stand in long lines. Definitely bring a change of clothes for the ride home. They have lockers there that you can store your dry clothes and anything you don't want to get soaked. Don't bother trying to bring phones or cameras on the zip lines... you actually land in the water and get fully submerged at the end of some and you also go through a waterfall. They have a huge cafeteria for an all inclusive buffet lunch with a ton of options. The food was very good. No alcohol served, however, the little store outside of the exit sold beer for the taxi ride back to Cancun! Unless you have a waterproof camera, then don't try to bring your camera for pictures. They have cameras set up all over the park and along the zip lines. You can buy a flash drive with all of your pictures - I think it was about $30. Overall I highly recommend, however, I suspect on a nicer day there will be a ton of long lines. I do NOT recommend this for anyone that is not able to do a lot of walking on steep inclines and lots of stairs (zip lines). This is NOT a good place for infants, strollers, elderly or young children.

Visited January 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
10 attraction reviews
“Go Xploring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

What an exciting time my husband and I had at this park! So much to see and do! The view while ziplining are amazing and there are so many different runs to do. You better be in good shape if you want to zipline tho because you are climbing lots of stairs. The amphibious go carts are a blast if the person in front of you isnt stopping to look at every little thing. You go through streams and caves.. What a blast! The river swim was awesome! You are in a cave swimming and looking at all the stalactites and stalagmites.. Beautiful! Lunch was provided buffet style and it was very good. Lots to choose from! While you are enjoying yourself, there are cameras everywhere snapping pics of you and at the end you can look at them to decide if you want to purchase any. The pictures, i think, are very reasonably priced! All and all a great experience at Xplore!

El Dorado Hills, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
“This was worth the money for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went to Explor with my wife, 25 y/o daughter and my daughters boyfriend. It was definately a good experience.

The cars were a lot of fun. Make sure you do this first since everyone runs to the zip lines and you will have the car course all to yourself. We did both courses in the morning and had a lot of fun.

Next we did one course of the raft. This was ok.... again we were letting the zip line course run low on people. We had a good time but it was average.

Ziplines... this was a lot of fun. I recommend doing the left course first. You will wait but it is worth it. Once you do the left course (the big towers) do the right course as much as you want. I actually liked the right course more. It had more water landings and a water slide. Very fun course.

All the employees were very aware of safety. I saw them turn people with children away more than once. Understandable if these people were upset, but I will agree with safety first!

Last we did the swim. Watershoes should be worn but not needed. I did not have them and was alright but wish I wore them. I love caves soo i explored the heck outta this one. In one area I went way back into a cave area being very careful not to touch. Found a large bat population that was not happy lol.

Food was good too. The drinks were excellent, the strawberry drink in the restraunt was very good, hmaburger ok, shrimp very good, soo overall food was more than expected.

Overall my family liked this place a lot it was fun....

The only bad thing was teh transportation home. We were at a resort 10 min away. It took us over an hour to get back. boarded the bus at 4:45 as instructed... back at the hotel at 6:00. If possible leave the bus there and pay the $20 for a taxi it will be worth it.

Hope this helps

Wayne

Visited February 2013
fermanagh
14 attraction reviews
“Excellent Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had an amazing day at the park in July 2012 with my wife. There is loads to do and it is such good fun. The zip-lining seems to be most popular and you have to wait to get started on it, but when you do it really is pure class and totally exhilarating zipping around as if you were in the jungle. Zipping down through waterfalls is so cool.

Driving buggies underground through caves and water is brilliant, some buggies are faster than others though so make sure you get a good one.

The rafting in the caves is very difficult as a pair so if you are a couple doing it prob best to go on two separate rafts as it is easier to navigate.

The swim with life jackets on is very tiresome and can be difficult at parts of it, think it is best that you are a good swimmer to do this part. I cant swim at all and found this very difficult, but you have a life jacket on.

There is a lovely food buffet also that is included in your entry fee and the day really flies in so it does and you are exhausted at the end of the day as there is so much to do and you are always on the go. One of the best excursions I have ever done on holiday.

Be sure to bring wet gear with you i.e. wet slippers, wet-type t-shirt, shorts that can get wet, as during the activities particularly the zip-lining you will be getting wet. Better to bring these things with you instead of having to buy them at the shop there which is quite expensive.

Be sure to bring money though with you to purchase pictures that they take of you throughout the day at the park and they are really nice to have but are quite expensive.

Fantastic day out and judging by some other people we met who went to Xcaret and didnt really like it, Xplore is defo better.

Visited July 2012
Kristiansand, Norway
“Great fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We started with the ziplines, this was fun. The line of people was long at the first tower, where the two different zipline routes started, but this was the only place we had to wait a while for our turn. The rest of the rides went smoothly. The ziplines is the most timeconsuming activity, so it is a good idea to start wirt this one. You will get very wet when riding the ziplines, one of the routes even includes a waterslide. And in both routes you will zipline into the water. Soaking wet in other words. The other activities were ok, both the paddleboards and the riverswim were nice. The cars were a bit boring, we were 4 adults in one car, that was way too heavy for the car (I guess that is why they have a limit of two adults and two under 18 per car). When we vere driving up- hill, the car stopped, and the two in the back had to get out and push.
Lunch was great, a lot to choose from.
The park was well worth the time spent :)

Visited February 2013