My family and I go to Mexico every year and rarely do we go back to the same place. This time we did. The Sandos Playacar still had what we loved about it but one major thing changed. The Adults Only Section is a long walk from the ocean. It's about a half mile to the Meeting Place where everything happens and the ocean another quarter a mile or so. We tried to move closer but were not allowed. They say there is a golf cart to take you and there is. There is only one and it held 7 people. There are thousands in the Adult Only Section! There are also vans up at the main entrance and they held ten people. They were never around so basically you either sat and waited and hoped there was room in it (its about a 50/50 chance)or you walked it. Its a good 10 to 15 minute walk from one end to the other(which I have the blisters on my feet to prove it). Im 51 and I run 6 to 9 miles a week so it wasn't that hard I just didn't want to spend my vacation walking,
Now the good part!
The staff with the exception of the front desk was great. (shout out to Juan Guzman and Gustovo at the adult pool bar)
The food was good.
The grounds and the animals at the grounds were great!
The rooms were large and clean.
The beach was a 10. Best beach we have seen in 10 plus years of going!
To sum it up go to the Sandos Playacar but ask for a room in building one or two. More kids but waaaay less stress from walking!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos