We just returned after a week at the Sandos Playacar and were very impressed with the resort.
The Pros were many but here goes..... The location on the beach was excellent! We have traveled all over the Caribbean and Mexico and Playa Del Carmen has to be one of the prettiest and safest places ever.
Beach is gorgeous.
The staff was incredible and spoke good English. More then enough to get by. Some great some not but if you can't say a few words in Spanish like water or thank you then shame on YOU not them. The grounds were well kept and beautiful. We stayed in the family section and loved it. It was only a 5 minute walk to beach or a short shuttle ride.
Food was real good. Plenty to keep every one happy.
The excursions were great! Did a all day trip to Cenote,zip lining, snorkeling with the turtles and rappelling was awesome! Juan was our guide and was by far the best we have seen.... EVER! He drove, and led every aspect of our tour by him self!! He spoke multiple languages perfectly.Can't remember name of your co. It began with a X and was set up thru the tour company near the towel hut.
CONs..... Not many,
Nightly entertainment was not great. Our 11 and 13 year old were disappointed in this part but the pool tables,table tennis and foos ball were good to keep them active at night.
The blonde woman in the dive shop was the rudest person I have ever come across on ANY vacation. We bought a snorkel from them for $30 only to have it leak and literally fall apart while snorkeling. Ruined our snorkel trip. Tried to exchange it the following day as we got in late and this woman threw a complete temper tantrum! Was quite the site to see. Said us "Americans expect every thing for free" and it wasn't her fault. Literally started throwing snorkels on the ground asking "if the were broken too!" While yelling at us. We felt like a simple sorry but there is nothing we can do with a apology would have been fine. We could have lived with that and nothing would have been said here. She literally wouldn't let us leave while she threw stuff around the shop yelling. The poor staff waiting out side was so embarrassed that they said "sorry" and " oh NO not again"
If I'm the manager of Sandos she would be fired immediately for this behavior as we found out its not the 1st time. Oh well we didn't let it ruin or trip but didn't book any thing else thru them. To bad as she could have earned the snorkel price back 10 fold( every other excursion was booked else where)with a simple sorry even if it breaking wasn't her fault:(((
All in all we loved this place and would go back tomorrow!
Just don't deal with the dive shop nut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Experience Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos