landed back today :( had another excellent visit.the resort has undergone a few changes since our last visit , and its good to see they are keen to make improvements (not that we felt it needed it ). i have included some photos of the present stage of construction. as of the last two days.
I must stress it did not impact on our holiday, which we were worried about before we arrived .
2 haciendas fully completed and occupied now . some banging noise but hardly noticed, we were in the 9000 block so had to pass it daily. but to be honest it was quite interesting to see what they had done overnight , as we walked to breakfast .
sun beds upgraded in the adult only pool area .Bagel beach area lovely , nice wicker sofas to sit on. new toilets at main pool are spotless.
some work going on next to main bar..couldnt use that area.
beach still as amazing as ever. food what can i say , but plenty of it , only fault we found this time was that it was not very warm when it arrived in the a la cartes.
only a minor issue , would still go back tomorrow
really didnt want to come home .
go and enjoy this wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Experience Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos