This is our second time to Sandos Playacar. We stayed two weeks and have mixed reviews about the resort. The entertainment at the theatre is really not very good. We went to one show in the entire two weeks we stayed there.
The rooms are not in great shape. The beds and pillows are rock hard. I used the pillows from the couch at night. There are little black bugs all over the room. Don't know if there is anything the resort can do about that, maybe spray. The lighting in the bathroom is quite low. Hard for me to shave. My entire family got very sick from either the food or a virus. Was not impressed that there is no food for children we can order from room service for our 8 year old daughter when my wife and I were sick.
We walked over to the Iberostar next door and thought it was a much nicer looking resort. There swimming pool is huge compared to the one at Sandos.
The food could use a little bit of an improvement.
Don't like how they segregated timeshare people from others.
They need more than one bar to order drinks from in the evening. The lineups for drinks can be terrible. One bar for that many people?
What we did enjoy is the beach. Incredible. The staff are outstanding and work very hard. The resort grounds and rooms are very clean. Lots of animals on the resort grounds.
We will probably try a different resort next time. One without timeshares.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos