We stayed here for 9 nights in the Royal Elite Hacienda Suite, it was our first trip to Sandos Playacar and certainly won’t be our last! When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and were made to feel welcome. We were offered refreshments on arrival, quickly checked in and shown to our room.
Our room was amazing, in the Hacienda section, we had a Jacuzzi in the room, 2 bathrooms, living area plus we had a big terrace, private pool and another outside Jacuzzi, which was perfect. We had booked our room through a Royal Elite member to get this unit and the extra benefits. All the staff was so friendly. We enjoyed the morning walk down to the buffet/beach.
The food was above average compared to most of the All Inclusive resorts we have been to. My favorite was the Oriental restaurant, the Almond and Hazelnut desert at the Brazilian restaurant was possibly the best desert I have ever tasted.
The room and terrace was always clean and we were greeted by a towel animal when getting back to our room. We also received bottles of rhum, wine and a basket of fruit on our first night.%
The resort was about at 60% capacity.
We had free Wifi in our room, very useful. Ohh, one thing, the bed was a bit hard! The decoration in the room was very beautiful.
The temperature was very warm, compared to our last trip in Riviera Maya in April that was much cooler. We were glad to spend time at the Elite Premium Club. The barmans were very nice.
The beach is very nice and we enjoyed the access of beds on the beach and the private Royal pool. I think it worth the Royal Elite upgrade just for those beds.
During our stay there was construction in the Hacienda area. There is currently 4 Royal Elite Hacienda and heard that they are building 10 extra Royal Elite Hacienda. This will be very nice once done. They say the construction will be finish by November. The construction didn’t affect our vacation.
I would go back anytime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos