I can't wait to go back! My husband and I had the good fortune of staying at the Royal Hideaway Playacar for our honeymoon in late September - early October 2008. It was magical!
The resort is gorgeous. It overflows with charm and it's very clean. That's very important to me. I can't relax if I'm grossed out by my surroundings. The staff was incredibly friendly and extremely accommodating. It's a boutique hotel - just the right size - and the staff soon remembered us by name. If you enjoy being treated like royalty - this is the place for you.
The grounds were immaculate and beautiful, food and drinks were fantastic (even for an all-inclusive resort), high tea every afternoon was a nice surprise, pool is gorgeous and large, rooms and bathrooms are spacious, lovely, and well-maintained.
Now for the most important part - the beach. I loved it! There were large sand bags placed along/near the coast line, but even that didn't detract from the lovely beach. Plus, we knew to expect that, thanks to traveler reviews here on TripAdvisor. The water is clear, turquoise and the sand bags actually helped tame down the waves a little, which I liked. The sand is the whitest white you've ever seen.
One negative point - our room was located near the neighboring hotel's outdoor bar and pool area. That hotel has nightly party and dance events that get VERY loud. We heard blasting music, people telling into a microphone and general crowd noises late at night. We're in our twenties and by no means consider ourselves party poopers, but even we got a tad annoyed by this. It still wasn't enough to wreck our good time. A small price to pay for such a magical vacation!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Occidental Hotel
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inlcusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.