My wife and I stayed at the Royal Hideaway from the 3rd Jan - 17th Jan.
It was our first visit to Playacar and we absolutely loved the whole experience.
The hotel is located on a great stretch of beach next to many other hotels and within walking distance (15-20mins) of 5th Avenue if you wish to go shopping or eat outside of the resort.
We were welcomed on our arrival with a refreshing towel and glass of champagne before being shown to our room.
The room itself was a nice size and had everything you need for a comfortable stay.
We were upgraded from our block 26 in the second week of our stay due to our blocks Concierge going on holiday, we were moved into block 30 which was located nearer to the beach and pool and it was lovely, it had views of the sea and the gardens from the balcony which really ended our second week on a high.
Our only criticism of this resort and we had read this before we booked was the noise of the doors when they close. Because of the construction of the accommodation blocks the sound really echoes throughout. This could be so easily rectified with soft close doors.
The restaurants at the resort Palazzo, The Grill and Azia were our favourites. The breakfast choice at spices where you have your buffet breakfast had a great selection of food for everyone but we found Spices for dinner not quite as good.
The Deck restaurant by the pool for lunch was really good and the addition of the daily BBQ / Buffet which is set up adjacent to the pool is also a well thought option as well.
We went to the Club Royale at the hotel and watched the local show preformed by the hotel staff and this was entertaining, the food choice was limited but of very good quality.
The hotel grounds and gardens are well maintained and everything was being regularly cleaned on the many paths and bridges throughout the resort.
We had read some reports that the hotels next to the Royal Hideaway are loud and noisy, yes you can hear the other hotels entertainment but it is not offensive and does not continue all through the night.
We were so impressed with all of the staff at this resort, they really made us feel genuinely welcome and always met us with a friendly big smile.
This is a hotel we will definitely be returning to due to its great staff firstly and secondly due to its location in Playacar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inlcusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico