As others have said, they service and food are second to none. The staff are amazing. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. It's a joy just to walk around the resort. The pools were great and beach is as well. There isn't much for evening entertainment, but that was fine for us as we aren't night owls. We did make meal reservations for the first two nights and our concierge made them for the next two nights before we got there. If we didn't have reservations we would have probably ordered room service instead of eating real late (the room service menu is quite extensive). We liked all the food, it gave us a chance to eat some amazing meals without having to worry about the price. I really enjoyed the big pan of paella that was made out by the pool at one lunch too, that was awesome.
We did a turtle snorkeling tour and swam in a cenote. Walked to 5th Ave and toured the ruins near there one day. Went parasailing and took a scuba lesson in the pool another day. Not nightlife activities, but exactly what we wanted to do.
The place is not new though. There is some rust and wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary for a saltwater beach environment. The other "complaint" we have, and it really isn't a complaint, more of an observation, is that the design of the villas - with an open center, it is very loud when people close their doors. We were woke up a few times each night from someone else in the villa slamming their door to their room. It echoes in the villa, and the doors don't have any foam or rubber seal, so they are very loud when they close.
All in all it was a great 4 night stay though. Would recommend -for someone looking for a slower pace, especially if you'd like to try a great meal experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inlcusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Agoda, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico