“Very nice place-not for everyone though. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Hideaway Playacar

You added Royal Hideaway Playacar to your Saves list
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lote Hotelero No. 6 Fracc., Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico (Formerly Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Resorts)   |
Ranked #15 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
EI, NC
“Very nice place-not for everyone though. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As others have said, they service and food are second to none. The staff are amazing. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. It's a joy just to walk around the resort. The pools were great and beach is as well. There isn't much for evening entertainment, but that was fine for us as we aren't night owls. We did make meal reservations for the first two nights and our concierge made them for the next two nights before we got there. If we didn't have reservations we would have probably ordered room service instead of eating real late (the room service menu is quite extensive). We liked all the food, it gave us a chance to eat some amazing meals without having to worry about the price. I really enjoyed the big pan of paella that was made out by the pool at one lunch too, that was awesome.

We did a turtle snorkeling tour and swam in a cenote. Walked to 5th Ave and toured the ruins near there one day. Went parasailing and took a scuba lesson in the pool another day. Not nightlife activities, but exactly what we wanted to do.

The place is not new though. There is some rust and wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary for a saltwater beach environment. The other "complaint" we have, and it really isn't a complaint, more of an observation, is that the design of the villas - with an open center, it is very loud when people close their doors. We were woke up a few times each night from someone else in the villa slamming their door to their room. It echoes in the villa, and the doors don't have any foam or rubber seal, so they are very loud when they close.

All in all it was a great 4 night stay though. Would recommend -for someone looking for a slower pace, especially if you'd like to try a great meal experience.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Polish first
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I hope not to get to but long but it's hard to sum it up in a few words. Our travel dates were 12/12 through 12/19/14, the weather was perfect our week there. This was our second trip to this resort, we last visited in 2003. Since our first trip we have measured every resort that we have traveled to by the standards of the RH. It was difficult to go back thinking it wouldn't be the same, but it was just as great, better in some ways.

We arrived and check in was fast but we were very early and we knew our room would not be ready. We decided to locate our villa on the way to the beach for lunch. This is where it turned real bad through no fault of the RH. We met our concierge Veronica (wonderful) and talked for a moment. We turned and left and before we got out of the villa area my husband was talking to our friend and not paying attention. He rammed his head into the staircase and sunglasses into his head. Blood was running down his head so we got him to the concierges desk and sat him down. This is when the RH kicked into high gear to care for us professionally. Veronica ran a got a towel for his head and called for the head concierge, Arely Lopez Verdin. The life guard from the pool was called to do the initial medical examine, I wish I got his name. While the life guard was there my husband passed out twice. I knew the room wasn't ready so I asked Veronica if there was another clean, unoccupied room we could go into, to get my husband out of the sun. They complied quickly and helped my husband to the room and got him some water. The resort doctor was called and he was there within 5 or 10 minutes. After the doctor looked at his head he said he would need stitches and would have to go to the hospital to have this done. Keep in mind we have been at the resort for 15 or 20 minutes. I was so upset and they kept me calm. They told me we could charge the hospital stay. They called us a cab, helped Jerry to the front, while Veronica reminded me to grab our passports. Long story short after several hours, 5 stitches and $2054 later we were back at the resort for our dinner reservations that I had made a week before. Arely checked up on us during dinner and the staff continued to check on my husband the rest of the week. I can not express our gratitude to the staff at the RH for the professionalism in a extremely stressful time for us.

We stayed in the room we used for my husband's unfortunate accident. The rooms could use some fresh paint I think and take the wallpaper down. I don't even know how they can keep it up in such a humid climate. Our bed was very comfortable, a lot better than the one we stayed at the night before in St. Louis. Everything was in good working order. What I like about the rooms especially is that they have walk-in closets. All of the rooms have bathrobes and house slippers. We sat on our patio and drank our morning coffee and had room service delivered a couple of times. You have twice daily maid service which is really nice.

Now that we have the first 20 minutes out of the way, let's continue with the rest of the week. For the first 5 days they were running 70% full with 95% full at the end of our trip. As I said dinner reservations were made a week before we left by Claudia Platas. The food was great, too good, I put on weight. The drinks were the best that we've had at an all inclusive. At the pool and beach they serve in plastic but they are in drink appropriate glasses. Draft beer was served in a pilsner glass, wine in a wine glass etc. We are beach people so that's where we spent our time instead of by the pools. I wish I would of tried the pool buffet but we always ate at The Deck. I thought their tuna tartar, fish tacos and seafood casserole was fabulous. We played bocchi ball and some dancing around the pool too. We tried all of the restaurants except the dinner show. We even did High Tea which was fun. The food was great but after several days you have to learn that just because they have 5 courses doesn't mean you have to order 5 courses.

I had a massage at the spa and it was wonderful. They had a special returning guest cocktail party that we went to and enjoyed. I was really pleased how at the cocktail party the management recognized their employees, from the maids, grounds keepers, servers, chefs, and on up for their dedication to us, their guests. This trip though I didn't feel like a guest, I felt like family and that's even better. If you want a quiet place this is for you. It's very laid back and not a very loud or busy. If you want loud and busy go somewhere else.

The RH is getting a bit older and I know it is very difficult to keep things perfect in such a salted and caustic environment. There are rusty iron railings that need replacements, but some of ours were, just not all. The pool furniture I know around the quiet pools needed to be replaced. Also the hot tubs at the quiet pools need to be hotter, especially during their cooler months. These were the only faults I could find.

If you stay at the RH you will want for nothing. All you need to do is ask and they make it happen. I know you don't have to, we didn't our first time but we are older and wiser now. We did tip, but you don't have to. I just brought down lots of ones and fives and just figure that into our cost.

This is a side note for the people who never buy trip insurance. We spent over $2000 for our unexpected trip to the Mexican emergency room. We weren't sure how much our private insurance was going to pick up. We contacted our travel agent when we got home (Trips and More in Rolla, MO) and she's taking care of it. We provided her with the detailed hospital papers and she is filing our claim for us. Buy the travel insurance they are suppose pay for the whole thing.

We will be going back next year but with a larger group we hope. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me..

Room Tip: We were in 2612 and it was nice and private.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Reviewed this resort last year and wasn't impressed. My wife made some really nice friends during our stay last year and arranged a reunion from December 3 - 10 at the a Royal Hideaway. I wasn't thrilled about the prospect of returning based on the fact that the resort was in rough shape when we were there in December 2013. I'm going to keep it brief. We were unfortunate enough to have had group of unruly wedding guests that were at the resort at the same time we were there. We spent 7 days surrounded by drunks who made the atmosphere unbearable. Staff were burdened with the constant clean up and demands of these guests. Our meals were interrupted by guests screaming and vomiting at their tables. Management did not know how to handle the issues and problems that arose from this group. It was impossible to get a drink at the bar due to knee deep lines and the rudeness of these people. The constant barrage of profane language at the pool was also intolerable. My wife waited 3 hrs for someone to even ask her if she needed a cold drink. We were truly appalled by both the behavior of these people along with the lack assistance from upper management. We spent the majority of our stay at the front desk requesting that management remove these guests from the resort. All our words fell on deaf ears. The bottom line is...we felt that this resort is solely focused on group bookings. That's where their bread and butter is. As repeat customers we were completely ignored. To that end ...we would not be returning and would not recommend this resort.

Nacogdoches, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our stay at The Royal Hideaway. Our room was nice, with a great patio, we had four rooms and they made sure we were all together. Our Concierge was helpful and took care of our needs. For an All Inclusive, the food was good, not much "Mexican" food to choose from, but they do have the option to order from a menu. The beach was nice with lots of shady spots to sit and we enjoyed the pool by our room. Room service was speedy, but housekeeping not so much;our room wasn't cleaned until late afternoon, even with the "please clean" sign out by nine a.m.
Our Concierge set up a birthday party for my Mom at the Asian Restaurant and we really enjoyed it! The cake they made her was very good and beautiful. All the Staff was nice, except the bartender and waitress, they seemed bothered, in general unhappy to be there. Overall, it was a great trip! Love that it is Adults Only, no children!

Room Tip: Garden rooms with patio facing the back have the most privacy.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Ivet_Pat, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for sharing details about your lovely experience at Royal Hideaway Playacar, We are glad to know that you really enjoyed your stay at the resort.
Your opinion is very important for us and I am sure all your positive comments are going to be very well received by other Trip Advisor readers and future guests. We are also taking care of those inconveniences you had during your stay, we are improving everyday considering all your comments.

Our motto is to serve our guests with the highest quality service in order to make their vacation a cherished and pleasant experience.

We hope to see you coming back soon,

Happy Holidays,

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Let me begin this review with a brief introduction. Last year, at the exact same time my husband and I booked a two week stay at this resort. We reserved an oceanfront premium room with our tour package. When we arrived at the hotel, they did not have our room upgrade available and instead placed us in a room with a view of a sidewalk and the neighboring resort. Not an ocean in sight. I hesitated to write this review last year as we had a few issues with the resort which resulted in an invitation by the rooms division manager to return with a complimentary 3 night VIP stay. When we go away we prefer to book a 2 week vacation so when we contacted the hotel to reserve the room we were met with blackout dates. Ultimately, we ended up booking one year in advance and scheduled the trip for November 30th to December 14th 2014. I have to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled to return for a few reasons, one specifically being a super fun gastrointestinal bug that I picked up just after eating at the lunch buffet. This required a call to the local resort doctor who gave me a nice shot of gravol and promptly put me on a slew of meds including antibiotics and probiotics. Needless to say it wasn’t pleasant and since it was only day 3 of our stay I was worried it would put a damper on the holiday. I put that behind me and chalked it up to a singular bad luck occurrence during a visit to Mexico. The other issues we encountered were considered cosmetic in nature and had to do with resort deficiencies.

Let me begin with the good because it's always nice to acknowledge what you will be looking forward to if you decide to give this place a try after reading this in depth review. Upon check-in we were met with a very different experience than last year. Chilled champagne, scented towels and some familiar faces at the front desk. We were early so our room wasn't ready until 3 pm. We grabbed our carry-on luggage and went to The Deck for a bite to eat for a late lunch. At 3 pm we made our way to Villa 24. This villa is located at the pool area left side of the resort and closest to the beach. As promised, our Suite had a view of the beach and ocean albeit it was ground floor. I always request a top floor room so that no one walks on our heads at all times of the night. We could not get a top floor room with a view in that villa because above us was the Presidential/ Honeymoon suite. We felt that we could make do and settled in. The first issue we encountered was a heavy smell of sewage. My husband was more sensitive to it than me but we turned up the AC and circulated the air a bit which seemed to help temporarily. Then the air conditioner broke. Maintenance came promptly to fix it and my husband paid close attention so that if it happened again he could repair it himself (I'm lucky he can fix just about anything). I checked out the bed linens and the runner was stained so off it came quickly. I'm sorry, I jumped into a couple of bad things before I continued on with the good. Back to the good...on our last visit to this resort we were fortunate enough to meet some wonderful staff members who we who we kept in touch with over the year. One specifically who stands out is Miguel (a server in PALAZZO restaurant). He is truly exceptional. His expertise, finesse, class and knowledge of the culinary offerings of each dish is commendable. We were very excited to see him again and he greeted us with open arms and hugs. We also were thrilled to see the animation staff hadn't changed and they recognized us as well. Sergio, Carlos, Arianna and Elvis are great and were a highlight of our stay.

That's just about where the good part ended for us. After spending a sleepless night on a very wobbly bed we asked maintenance to once again return to fix the legs under the boxspring. This gentleman tried to tighten them but couldn't quite figure it out. One he left, my husband and I hoisted the king size mattress on its side and flipped the boxspring over so that we could do the repair properly. Sometimes if you want things done right you just have to do it yourself.

On the third day of our 2 week stay, 85+ wedding guests arrived at the resort. Once they descended on the property and unloaded themselves into the pool area we knew we were in for rough ride. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty hour by hour details but I am going to give you some snippets so you can get a visual of what we and other paying guests had to endure. On night one, two rooms in the villa were occupied by these guests plus the bride and groom were in the suite above ours. We had a lovely elderly couple who we friended and they were right next door to us (repeat guests of the resort). They counted on us to make the call to security when these wedding guests decided it was okay to use the concierge area in the small courtyard to smoke, drink and order room service to after 11 pm. We alerted the front desk and security asked them to move their party elsewhere. This of course didn't stop them from screaming and slamming their doors throughout the night. The balance of these wedding guests were in other villas which were in close proximity to ours. You had no trouble hearing these imbeciles drinking, screaming & vomiting throughout the property til 4 am. The next morning we contacted the chief concierge and she ensured us that they would be moved from the suite adjacent to ours. We also were told that if their behavior did not improve they would be asked to leave the property. This is what we were told but we were naïve to believe that management would actually move anyone to anywhere else in Playa Del Carmen. Within our suite there was an adjoining door to the next room so we could literally hear them brush their teeth. The walls are paper thin and every single door in the resort does not close quietly. On a nightly basis everyone entered their suites with a clunk and a slam. Easy fix but it will never happen.

Back to the wedding CLAN. The pool area was basically over-run each day with this group. After witnessing what was going on before the wedding - which was held on Saturday December 6th, we decided to take it to the beach during the day to relax. Just a quick note to Tripadvisor reviewer Matthew J.....if you read my other reviews you will note that the majority of resorts we rated are truly wonderful 5 star properties and that we do travel extensively and don't have issues with our accommodations. If your idea of "fun" is walking through a sea of vomit and drunks, then the Royal Hideaway deserves your "thumbs up" attitude. This specific trip was exceptional and both we and our close friends at the resort felt exactly the same about the disgusting behavior of these wedding guests. On the day of the wedding, we were told that all guests who wanted to spend the day at the pool were to vacate their lounge chairs at 2 pm. Each table that separates the lounge chairs was now equipped with an official letter from management telling us that we are to remove ourselves from the pool area. This allowed the resort to set up for the wedding which was taking place during the evening as the dinner reception. This is one of the most idiotic things we have ever seen at an exclusive and supposedly 5 star resort. Displacing guests at the pool to accommodate a wedding reception? We have never seen this in all the resorts we have travelled to. Just as a side-note, they tried to pull the chairs from under us again 3 days later for a business convention dinner and the guests were prepared to revolt. Luckily it rained that afternoon and guess what? They had to set up the party in an alternate location. There is a stunning beach there, use it for your parties and leave the guests alone please. On the eve of the wedding the resort had two parties going simultaneously. One on the beach and the other at the pool. Both parties had DJ music belting out and it was deafening. Don't get me wrong, we both love to dance, have fun and enjoy a good party BUT this property is touted to be a romantic, relaxing, spa-like experience not a nightly conga line Cancun style resort. We figured the music would end by 10 or 11 pm. There was no sense in trying to relax because our room was actually shaking from the booming sound outside. The music ended just after 11pm but the party was hardly over. The wedding guests spent the next 48 hrs wreaking havoc at the resort. Most were so inebriated they had no clue where their rooms were. They tried their keys in different doors and if you did happen to open your door to a lost drunk you were greeted by vomit at your front step. The next day at lunch on the deck, one gentleman actually vomited into his napkin after doing shots at his table with his buddies from this wedding group. Just a perfect vacation atmosphere...don't you think? On Sunday December 7th the surroundings got even better, we didn't receive an invitation to the "bathrobe" party in the honeymoon suite above our room but we didn't need one. We had front line seats from our terrace. We really especially enjoyed watching party goers toss their robes over their balcony and onto the ground. Once it was in full swing and someone yelled ROCK & ROLL at around 11 pm that's when all hell broke loose. We had already met with the front desk manager once that evening to inform her of this party which had started at 8 pm. She did two things: 1. promised us that security would shut this Spring Break/Toga/Frathouse/Freshman year party down and 2. Offered us a massage at the spa. A massage at the spa? I told her a day at the spa could not compensate us for what we had encountered over the past few days and nights. Back to the PARTY.... After 3 calls from us and our next door neighbours in the building to the front desk to stop this party in its tracks, nothing transpired. My husband, who is usually laid back in nature had enough. He marched up to the front desk where he confronted the manager and told her to either clear the party out or refund us our money and relocate us to a better resort. The party was finally cleared out just before midnight. Another side-note, during the day on Sunday there was no way anyone could sit by the pool with these guests. They continued to drink and stagger around until there was not a drop of beer or liquor left at the bar. The garbage receptacle next to the hot tub was overflowing with full cans of beer. We couldn't comprehend the wastefulness but after witnessing these guests wreak havoc during their stay it wasn't at all surprising.

Monday arrived and we watched as this crew packed their gear and bid farewell to some older wedding guests who continued to stay til Wednesday. The bulk of them departed on the Monday, with their luggage in hand. There was damage to the different areas of the property and our building sustained during their stay. Many of us were tempted to drive them to the airport to ensure they didn't miss their flight. We were now 9 days into our 2 week trip and started to really think there was hope but with each new day brings a new adventure. I returned to our room after a day at the beach to find one of my rings missing. Let me preface this by saying that in the commotion of the "Toga" party that I wasn't invited to I wasn't thinking straight. I put my ring in a hanging jewelry roll in the closet. It was a white gold band with four small diamonds across it. Totally my fault for not placing it the safe but nonetheless it's gone now. A security team scoured each and every inch of our room looking for it as though I was the lead suspect. Surgical gloves and a full written report in hand these two guys turned our room into a forensics scene. As expected, they came up empty and I was one ring short. A valuable lesson learned. No matter how trusting or confident you are in a high end resort, lock your valuables in the safe. Ten days in I was thinking how lucky I was that I hadn't been stricken with a stomach bug this time around. We had already witnessed 3 of our trip friends husbands or wives come down with a wicked case of gastrointestinal symptoms from resort food as they had not been off the property to eat. I spoke too soon. Day 11 I got hit hard. Dinner was just a few steps from our room and it was an effort to walk there. I literally ate toast, tea and the occasional yogurt over the next 3 days. Not that it was such a bad thing because the food at this resort for the most part is disappointing. If you order something that's supposed to arrive hot it arrives cold, order it cold and it arrives warm. Order it well done, it arrives underdone. Order anything and it will be salty. Order the pasta cooked more than al dente, it arrives as hard as the box it came out of. Every single item on the breakfast buffet was mediocre but my biggest pet peeve was the frozen berries. If you can't put out fresh, don't put out anything at all. I know there was fresh berries available because they always garnished desserts at dinner with a raspberry, strawberry or blackberry. Try the Deck for breakfast if you don't mind waiting an hour for an egg. There is also a clear lack of initiative and culinary creativity at the 5 a la carte restaurants. Not one single item has changed on any of the menus over the past few years. By the end of the two weeks I was at a point where I just wanted to push my food around in different directions on my plate like a finicky 4 year old who wants to hide her veggies just to get to dessert.

We also wanted to know what the definition of VIP means at the Royal Hideaway. We were promised special amenities, didn't get anything. We were promised preferential reservations, we still had to wait to be seated each and every day at breakfast. It was a pain last year to have to stand in line for a seat at a buffet restaurant and it hasn't changed. The other choice was room service in the morning and I took advantage of it only twice because the second time it was delivered to another suite. We thought at least a nice bottle of wine, some fruit or SOMETHING would classify us as VIPS? It ended up that we received nothing but the title - Very Insignificant People.

Now for The Ugly. The resort needs a total overhaul. It's dated and well worn. The wallpaper in our suite was peeling and buckling off the washroom wall. The outside walls also need painting and repairs. The wash stations at the beach are disgusting. Always clogged and full of who knows what. Last year we were told that all this would be repaired by our next visit. Never happened and most likely never will. We were also told by management that they had never experienced a group like the one we were so lucky to have spent our vacation with. Lies. We witnessed smaller unruly groups there last year. It was a bachelor party who also behaved like the walking dead for a solid week.

And just when we thought it was safe, we encountered a group of 3 guys in a party of 6 at the Palazzo restaurant who decided it would be fun to drink themselves into a stuper pre dinner. One in specific and you know who you are because you lost control of your senses and shouted out profanities during dinner. Remember? Oh how could you forget. Wait... Maybe you were too sloshed to recall the threats you made, the language you used and the suggestion made by the Maître D' to leave the restaurant so that others could enjoy their meal. How about the part when you and your buddies were down on all fours in the lobby wrestling at 10 pm? Too bad the bell captain made that decision to NOT call a taxi when you asked for one to take you to town that evening.

To sum this all up, and I'm sure you've guessed, we will never return to the Royal Hideaway again. Believe it or not, lightening can strike twice in the same location and we don't want to find out if the third time really is a charm. To those of you who are repeat guests of this resort and can't understand how your shangrila could be anything but pristine ....think again...we believe that at some point of this past year they were selling off this resort with an ad that went something like this....

Royal Hideaway RIFF RAFF Express Tour Sell Off. Prices slashed for 2 weeks only. Book now before it's too late to get secure your spot to puke in.

I would love to submit a review of the resort we went to in August but out of fear that either the guy in the restaurant or someone from the wedding party would follow us there next year I'm going to keep it secret. It was a flawless true 5 star property that was beyond our expectations. I will give you a hint....it's located in the Caribbean.

Shelton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quieter, adults only, all-inclusive resort in Mexico. We had stayed in February in Cancun on the strip and found it too loud and production line like. Our travel agent recommended this resort and we were not disappointed.

In order to get there we flew to Cancun and took a shuttle (45 minutes) to the resort. We needed to pass through a gate to get into the community and another at the resort. It was very private. Each villa gets their own Concierge and ours was Fernando. His English was excellent. He took care of scheduling all our dinners (we could have done the buffet any evening but chose the specialty restaurants.He shined our shoes and would have unpacked and packed our clothes as that was part of the package. Meals that would have cost $70+ a piece with drinks, were served in multiple courses. The portions were small but you could theoretically order any and all items on the menu While they sell wine by the bottle, their house wines were excellent. Rather than ordering a bottle, we would just order multiple glasses through room-service While they don't advertise this, pretty much all top shelf liquors are available for your drinks at no additional charge. The room was nice and while there were a couple of housekeeping items, when presented to Fernando, they were taken care of immediately.

Don't drink the water. I did and paid dearly for it. $260 cash for a doctors visit, shot and prescriptions. The were water glasses by the sink so I stupidly filled one and drank from tap. There is bottled water in the fridge.

Back to the staff. Very attentive and willing to bring you items on a restaurant menu right to the beach. The food was excellent. They new my name and what I liked to drink.

Unlike other all-inclusive resorts, we didn't have to wear wrist bands. The staff knows who we are as there are probably only 200 or so guests at the resort at any one time. There are multiple pools and hot-tubs through out the resort and many are very private and relaxed if you don't want to be by the main pool.

There is not much nightlife at the resort. Several lounges and an excellent high tea. That suited us fine as after a day in the sun, shopping, etc, a quiet evening was perfect for us. Two nights there was a show. One was on the beach and the other in the dinner theater. They were excellent.

The ferry to Cozumel was very close as was the town itself. There were no bargains but it was nice to get out and we road bikes into town twice.
I would go again

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Ivet_Pat, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Ed H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide details of your stay with us. We value your feedback as it allows us to continuously improve upon the high standards of service we strive for.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed all the facilities but above all that you are taking our resort as an option to come back. Royal Hideaway has an extraordinarily high rate of return visitors, we will be proud to have you as a Loyal Guest.

It will be great to assist you during your next visit, if you need anything let us know in advance so we can make arrangements for your stay.

Happy holidays,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Its about 45 minutes taxi ride from the Cancun airport, check in is lovely, champagne, beautiful lobby, friendly staff. The hotel is elegant and much of it outdoors, open courtyards, little decorative rivers, gardens surrounding the villas are kept groomed.
The best part of this hotel: the genuinely friendly staff and the excellent restaurants!
My husband and I stayed here for 5 days in December 2014, it was a flawless experience. Nightly entertainment was fun, though it does end quite early, around 11pm, though the main bar Allegria stays open. This hotel seems to be on the best part of the beach, the beach is wide, always plenty of space (the resorts nearby were playing very loud house music and crammed in as many beach chairs as possible, such is not the case with Royal Hideaway thankfully). Every villa has its own concierge, which is a wonderful bonus. I suggest booking your restaurant reservations in advance, all the food at this resort is high quality. The sun goes down in the winter around 5:30pm, you can then play tennis and ask them to turn on the floodlights, its still warm outside, its great fun! My favorite restaurants were Palazzo and Ventanas, truly high quality chefs! Kayaks and catamarans are avaiable for the guests and the beachside waiters were wonderful. I feel like they thought of everything at this resort, all you have to do is relax and enjoy your romantic escape.

Dear Loverbunny29,

Thank you for choosing Royal Hideaway Playacar as your holiday destination. We are happy to know that you gave us the opportunity to make your stay a great experience at our resort.

Your detailed comments will definitely be very helpful for us and our future guests/visitors.

Our resort has an extraordinarily high rate of return visitors and we will be happy to have you as a loyal guest!
Indeed, the service at our restaurants; food and friendly staff as well as the atmosphere of our resort is exactly what a lot of visitors like you appreciate.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Happy Holidays,

Royal Hideaway Playacar

Been to Royal Hideaway Playacar? Share your experiences!