Traveled to RH November 2013 for our 7th visit to paradise. While the weather was extremely rainy, the time spent together and away from the daily grind was priceless. What makes the RH is the employees. Most of the employees are so kind and eager to please. We have made friends with many of them through the years and look forward to catching up with them from year to year. Special thanks and appreciation go out to: Hector, Javier, Isis, Laura, Genero, Bernardino, Ceaser, Manny, and Alvaro.
The front desk employees; the first impression for a guest, leaves a lot to be desired. In all of our 7 years coming to RH, we have had bad experiences or certainly nothing memorable. The front desk is either new and not knowledgeable or not caring. There is no mention of thank you for coming back and choosing the RH for your vacation. This phrase was repeated to us many times by the others noted above. We should and every guest should be greated with the utmost respect and care. We choose to visit RH and spend our hard earned money at RH. Our first impression should be over the moon! RH should really consider employing front desk staff that understands that the guest is king.
The pool staff could be more attentive as well. In years past, they would move our chairs for us, set out our towels and indulge in friendly conversation. This visit, there was none of the above. It was nice to see the aquatic show as a new addition. That was very enjoyable as were the activities on the beach.
What keeps us coming back are the employees. It also does not hurt that the food, rooms and liquor are all top shelf. RH feels like our home away from home.
It would be nice to see some upgrades to the rooms they are starting to show their age. It would be nice to see larger pillows on the beds and upgraded television channels or movies.
Overall - RH is just so relaxing. A great destination to relax, unwind, fall in love again, meet new friends, and simply forget the world for a few days! We love the RH.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Occidental Hotel
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inlcusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.