We just returned from our wedding at the Royal Hideaway. It was an absolute dream come true. The resort and staff made everything perfect, and we could not have had a better wedding or honeymoon week.
The resort is impeccable, service incredible and the whole experience completely luxurious.
A few notes that may be helpful to others traveling to or considering this resort:
- Rooms: We loved our room (2337) and would highly recommend upgrading to an Ocean View room. We looked over the top of the building in front of us to a great view of the ocean and lights of Cozumel. With all the palm trees, the room was totally private. Building 23 is great and comes with the bonus of Patricia -- a super sweet and helpful concierge. Patricia made sure our wedding clothes were pressed, scheduled our dinners and excursions, confirmed our departure transportation, and even made sure the bellhop was there at 7 a.m. for our luggage.
- Food: We are total foodies, and I'm a former food editor. We thought the food was fantastic. I know others here have had negative things to say about Spices, but we absolutely loved it -- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Spices head waiter Jeovansky gave us the most amazing dining experience, suggesting dishes to share and bringing us a special sampling dessert (a little of all the offerings). Loved the tasting menu at Vantanas and the melt-in-your mouth sushi at Azia. At lunch, go for cerviche on the Deck or fish tacos at Spices. Also fun: We always asked the waiter for the drink special or whatever they could suggest. We ended up with a dozen new mixed drink favorites.
- Wedding: Talk about taking the stress out of a wedding! Miriam the wedding coordinator was fantastic. She made the process super easy, took care of securing a fantastic minister (who could not have performed a more perfect ceremony if he had known us all our lives), a hair dresser and a great photographer, as well as getting the beach site set up. All we had to do was to pick a bouquet/boutonniere and say what we wanted for dinner. With so little to worry about, we were able to totally focus on each other and our special day.
- Not to miss:
Go to the spa -- massages are to die for!
Consider springing for a romantic dinner on the beach. It's worth every penny. The two of you, your own staff, candles, torches, rose petals. The beach is deserted at night, so a completely romantic experience.
Honeymooners are offered breakfast in bed. Get it! It's not a cart rolled into your room; you are truly served breakfast in bed!
- Secure a private transfer from the airport to the hotel. Completely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inlcusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico