“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Rossa - CLOSED

Luna Rossa
Av. Constituyentes Mza. 26 S/N Loc. 1 entre 5ta av y 1era | entre 5ta Av. y 1 era Nte., Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
(984)8731822
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We have terrace, but also our beautiful garden of tropical plants is smoking area, also we have a room with air conditioning, a quiet place suitable for the whole family
Boston, Massachusetts
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is a find. Very good Italian food at very reasonable prices, just half a block from Quinta Avenida. My family of four all liked it (kids aged 3 and 5). It was comfortable, unpretentious and uncrowded. Our waiter couldn't have been better -- chatting playfully with us and recommending his favorite dishes. The decor and atmosphere was comfortable and soothing. We sat outside and enjoyed watching the street scene.

I find most of the restaurants in Playa are either overpriced tourist traps with mediocre food, or are faux-fancy. Luna Rossa was just what we wanted.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Italian food, great prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our last night of our vacation in Playa del Carmen, my husband and I stopped here for dinner. We had a delightful dinner of pasta and pizza. This is a cozy little restaurant with indoor as wells as outdoor seating. The services was outstanding, the food was wonderful and the prices were very fair. We wished we had found this restaurant earlier during out trip - we would have had several dinners there.

• Visited January 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Italian - a real find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have viisted Luna Rosa on each of our trips to Playa and really love the food. Its often quiet in side but do not let that put you off. Most in Playa stay on the main street and Luna Rosa is just off the main street near The Gran Porto Real resort.This restaurant just needs a bit more confidence in itself, its far better than many that are often busier.

The food is variety of Italian favourites and the vegetation food is excellent, especially the pizzas and the lasagne. The wine list is pretty good though as its imported from Italy a little expensive, but the food is great value. Service is always excellent. Its a real find in Playa and I'm sure you wont be disappointed. We will be back before we leave. Salut.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“WoW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were looking for some thing other than resort food because we had about all of that we could stand and after looking up and down 5th ave. I told my wife we were going to try this little place out and see what happens. Wow, let me tell you I have never had as good of lasagnia? in all my life, 2 orders of a large portion and 4 drinks $34.00 usd..I thought it might be a fluke so we went back the next day and had a pizza, same thing out of this world. A 10 inch pizza and 2 drinks $14.00 usd, could not believe it so the day before we left we had to have the lasagnia one more time and man was it good. If you ever do go there the little short waiter has a trick to show you and you will be amased when you see it. I give this place a total thumbs up for price , service and great food. David W. Nashville Tn. 12/17/12

South Carolina Lowcountry
“Excellent Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch at this wonderful little Italian restaurant which is just a few paces east of 5th Avenue in PDC. We started with a Greek salad which was made from really fresh, crispy bell peppers (red, green & yellow), crunchy cucumbers, feta cheese, and a great balsamic & olive oil dressing. It was accompanied by very warm foccacia bread served straight from the oven. We then shared a delicious pizza made with mozarella, parmesan & gorgonzola cheeses. The service was superb.

We will be back to this little gem very soon.