“fabulous dive, great times!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 252 activities in Playa del Carmen
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Fantasea Dive and Adventures offers unparalleled personalized diving and adventures trips in Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, the Riviera Maya and beyond. Get away from the crowds and let us show you the best diving and adventures the Mexican Caribbean has to offer.We take small groups with never more than 4 divers per guide, which allows us to provide you with exceptional personal attention and ensure you have the best experience possible. We also specialize in taking groups of any size such as couples, families, mancations and girl's getaways. Go scuba diving on one of the world’s most beautiful reefs, get PADI certified on all levels of dive instruction, experience a once-in-a lifetime cave or cenote dive, enjoy laid back fishing trips, or experience world class snorkeling.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
maryland
“fabulous dive, great times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

i started looking for dive shops that do bull shark dives in playa del carmen a week before my visit there. jason's e-mail communications were by far the most prompt and detailed which provided me with needed confidence since this was my first bull shark dive. his little pdf document was pretty helpful as well. once i got to the shop jason questioned me pretty sternly (which i didn't mind at all, actually) about my diving experience. once that was over, jason was a lot of fun to be around as he prepared the equipment and divers for the upcoming dives.

dives were fantastic! we got to see a lot of sharks - which was the main objective. i would definitely dive with jason again next time i am in playa del carmen.

Visited December 2013

Huntington Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent bull shark diving!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

went on a bull shark dive last week with Jason and my husband...it was so exciting, we did it two more times!!
Jason took extra time to explain the dive plan, kept checking our air, helped with checking our gear, etc...felt safe the entire time and Jason knew this was my first time doing a shark dive so he paid extra attention to me under the water and kept asking if I was ok...
We also went to Peurto Moreles to dive a shipwreck with Jason this trip and it was super amazing!
There are so many dive ops to choose from in Playa Del Carmen, but not with the special attention to details like Fantasea Dive.
I have been diving with Jason for 3 years now and plan to go with him again next year..it's not even an option to choose another dive op.

Visited December 2013
Onoway, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Another awesome dive holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to do 5 days of diving with Fantasea Dive. This was our third trip to Playa del Carmen and have dived with Jason all three times there. This past October we did a total of 10 dives with this company and wouldn't considered any other dive company when we were in this part of Mexico. We did 2 days in Playa and 3 in Cozumel. When we go to Cozumel for diving Jason himself (or one of his dive guides) actually go with us to guide us on our dives unlike other companies that just send their customers on their own to meet up with a dive guide there. It makes for very comfortable dives when you are with the same company for all your dives well there. We first went with this company because from their website is was apparent that English was their dominant language and that was very important to us. Another thing that attracts us to this company is they do small dive groups. The first trip we were very novice divers and they made us feel very comfortable and boosted our confidence! Thanks guys! We can't wait to come back again. The Fluets

Visited October 2013
Utah
5 attraction reviews
“Great day diving PDC with Fantasea Dive!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I highly recommend Fantasea Dive. There are TONS of dive ops to chose from in PDC, and I emailed several of them when I was looking for someone to take me diving. Jason, the owner of Fantasea, was by far the most responsive to my emails, so I choose to book with him. It was a great choice. Jason is extremely knowledgeable and I felt extremely safe during all of my dives. He also is very service oriented and made sure that I was comfortable and that I had a great time. I've been diving in several places and Fantasea is one of the best dive ops that I've used. I'll definitely be back!

Visited August 2013
Ennis, Texas
“Professional Dive Shop With a Personal Touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I met Jason Sartain in 2012 when I was searching for a dive shop in Playa del Carmen that would take me out for a Bull Shark dive while my cruise ship was in port at Cozumel. Due to the cruise line and the ferry schedule, I was having to work within a very tight time frame. None of the other shops in Playa were able to (or willing to) accommodate my schedule. When I stumbled onto Fantasea Dive Shop, I didn't have very high hopes for success. I couldn't have been more mistaken. They are a small outfit, but take a much greater interest in accommodating their customer's then most of the larger dive shops. We enjoyed a GREAT day of shark diving and I made it back to my ship in plenty of time.
This year (2013) we decided to go back to Mexico to dive with the Whale Sharks and some of the local Cenotes. Once again, Jason was eager to please. He personally picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the dock in Cancun where he had arrainged the Whale Shark dive. That afternoon, he was waiting at the dock to pick us up, as soon as we stepped off the boat.
While diving the Cenotes, my son had problems equalizing his ears. Jason patiently worked with him to help him through the issue. Once we were in the cavern, his knowledge and skill as a dive instructor and cave diver was apparent. Another FANTASTIC day of diving with Fantasea Dive Shop!
If you are looking for a dive shop that has that personal touch (unlike so many of the cattle-car, shake and bake dive centers), give Jason a shout. I assure you, you won't be disappointed!

Visited July 2013