We just got back from our 1 week stay at Maya Villa. We've been to Playa & Cancun before but generally did the all-inclusive thing. This time, I wanted a more authentic, adventurous trip. That said, I still like to have a nice place to say & left the authentic & adventure to our eating & touring experiences. Maya Villa was pure luxury.
My husband, two kids (8 & 11) & I loved this place. We stayed in a two bedroom penthouse (403). It had every comfort we could ask for. Kids had their own room, TV & bathroom, parents had their own king sized bed, TV & bathroom, internet, expanded cable TV in the living room with lots of movie channels, fully outfitted kitchen, bottled water & the list goes on... On the roof-top patio, we had 2 loungers, a huge covered coach area for sitting on when it rained, a jacuzzi, refrigerator & grill. We would have grilled out, but didn't realize this unit had a grill as it doesn't show in the pictures or detailed descriptions.
We had our driver stop at Wal-mart before getting to the condo & stocked up on beer, some yummy liquer called St. Clara, soda & of course some food items. The kids hadn't been to Mexico before, so shopping in the Mexican Wal-mart was a nice adventure in itself!
We got to the condo before our room was ready, but the wonderful gentlemen at Maya Villa took our grocery items up to our room & put them away for us so they wouldn't spoil while we had lunch at the nearby Indigo Beach Club. At the Maya Villa, service was always top notch. What ever I needed...nothing was too much to ask.
The gecko pool with waterfall was fun for the kids. They enjoyed swimming every day & most days it was just us at the pool. A couple of times, we ran into a very nice family who my kids enjoyed playing with & we learned a lot about Playa del Carmen from. Its a small place & you start to see the same people every day which can be fun.
An extra special experience was the free breakfast at the Imprevist every morning. I don't know if everyone gets free breakfast but it was something that came with our purchase on Expedia. We figured our free breakfast would be the same old breakfast buffets you get at the all-inclusive places. It was anything but...it was perfect, fresh & order from the menu. Our wonderful waitress, Elisa, greeted us every day & within a day or two began to learn our preferences.
Something to note, the condo/hotel is 1 block from the beach. I think that was noted in many of the reviews, but with many of the pictures from the penthouses, I somehow got in my mind that it was right on the beach. It didn't really matter though. Our view from the penthouse was amazing. It was a very short walk to the beach & I think not being on the beach actually made the place nice, quiet & secluded.
I could go on & on about Maya Villa. We had such a wonderful time & will return again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico