“One room for 2 sisters” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Yebo

You added Club Yebo to your Saves list
Club Yebo
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1st Avenue | at the corner with 14th North Street, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
“One room for 2 sisters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I had previously stayed at Club Yebo with my husband and we stayed in room near the pool. This trip was with my sister. We stayed in one of the rooms on the upper level. The "Santos" room. It had 2 bed,s TV, kitchen area, table. small window (no view). fine bathroom with shower and A/C. It was perfect for us (both in our 50's). My sister had never been to Mexico so this was her first room. Club Yebo is just behind the Palms hotel. We hung out at the Palms beach area so were able to use their lounge chairs. Club Yebo gives you a towel for the beach. It is a budget hotel but really is quite nice. A great pool, quiet location near the busy music area (Blue Parrot Club). I heard music when I stayed on the lower level with my husband but did not hear anything when staying on the upper level. There is free wifi, you just have to ask for the code.
We only paid $49.00 for both of us, which did not include breaksfast but there are many great places to eat in Playa Del Carmen so you can have lots of fun. We met a older couple who said they stayed here for 3 months every year because it was such a good deal. It really is a nice place. They don't have many rooms, so don't be surprised if they are full.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
ClubYeboPlaya, Manager at Club Yebo, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor readers,

It is nice to hear the positive comments about Club Yebo, but I want to make one important clarification regarding the beach use at Playa Palms.

Club Yebo guests have previously used the beach at Playa Palms but that option is no longer available.

Instead, we have since some months an arrangement for our guests at another small beach club called Amaranto just down the street(14th street) from Club Yebo. It is a relaxed place that has been very appreciated by our guests. We also provide two portable lounge chairs and a cooler in all rooms for those of you who wish to explore the magnificent and long beach we have in this town.

For further information please just send us an email to info@clubyebo.com

Sunny greetings from Playa del Carmen

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Duvall, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed April 26th through May 5th and it was great! The house cleaning and front end staff were great and very helpfull. We will recomend this to many! Real close to the hot spots in Playa if that's what your into.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ClubYeboPlaya, General Manager at Club Yebo, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass on the lovely compliment to our team at Club Yebo! We strive to make your stay here as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We hope to see you back in Playa again soon!

General Manager, Club Yebo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Was there for a week in April. I LOVED it! Beautiful small friendly and very affordable hotel. Stayed in Cantinflas and Torito Deluxe Studios. Loved the location, nested on a quiet street, 1 block away from 5th Av but distant enough so you're not bothered by the bar scene noise. Beach is a 2 minute walk. The super clean rooms are a nice size with windows, fan & AC, TV, very comfy beds/pillows, private balcony, tons of hot water and kitchenette. Cozy & relaxing pool area. And tons of nice little restaurants just a few steps away. ALL the staff is extremely helpful and will make your stay there so lovely that you will want to go back again and again! A real Mexican gem! And don't forget to eat at Amaranto (less than 2 minute walk from Club Yebo and 5 seconds from the beach!) who serves great food and best coffee ever! Thanks to Tauna, Francisco, Natasja and Helge! See you next year for sure!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review! We really appreciate this time you took to recommend us! You will be excited to learn that Club Yebo is joining forces with Amaranto cafe to provide a beach club for our guest that will be open in early June. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our services while keeping our rates economical. Stay warm in Toronto and we look forward to seeing you back in Playa very soon!

General Manager, Club Yebo
oakland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Club Yebo is a friendly, well-run place in the heart of Playa del Carmen, near everything. I stayed 2 weeks in the Quadruple Studio…and enjoyed all the amenities that the other reviewers have mentioned.

In spite of one reviewer’s comment about this not being a place for someone who requires quiet at night… I’m one of those people who is old enough to want to go to bed by 9 and be up early for a quiet swim on the beach, or the free yoga class at nearby Indigo….And my room was very quiet and mosquito free. Even the AC was relatively quiet.
The staff at Playa Palms was especially helpful to me. I asked before I reserved for a quiet room and they directed me to the perfect one…they also arranged the cleaning time when I didn’t plan to be there, etc…and Tania took time to help me with directions and gave me lots of great restaurant suggestions.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
ClubYeboPlaya, General Manager at Club Yebo, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your positive coments and will share with the team! We look forward to welcoming you back to Club Yebo soon!

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Deluxe Studio, Cantinflas, 10 nights. Clean, friendly, professionally run and well maintained budget accommodations 1 block off the main beach and center of town. I gave this review an excellent rating because everything was excellent for us! This is not a luxury property - but it's a stellar budget property that far exceeded our expectations.

Fridge with ice trays, mini kitchenette w/ sink ( coffee maker, water dispenser, toaster, dishes / utensils - nice touch!). A/C, ceiling fan, queen bed, good shower, nice 2nd floor covered patio with 2 chairs, table and hammock. Beach towel exchange provided at Playa Palms. Small closet area, safe, tv, very efficient little studio!

Excellent location, easy everything! Our room was quiet at night and in the morning. We didn't need anything during our 10 night stay - but management and staff were friendly, helpful, and very attentive at both check-in and check-out.

We used the pool a few times to cool off at the end of the day, and also checked out the rooftop deck. We didn't need the beach chairs in the room, but thought it was nice that they're provided. We just took our towels and spent time on the beaches everywhere from Calle 2 all the way up to an hour's walk north. Club Yebo was the perfect homebase for us, and I look forward to returning.

Trying to think of something that could be added to the room, but it really had more than we needed! Thank you Club Yebo for thinking of everything!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

This was our second year at Club Yebo and we have already booked our 2012 rooms with them!! We stayed in the Garden Suite both years and loved the room, the very attentive staff, and without a doubt the cleanliness and security of this small hotel. The location is wonderful, just steps to the beach , one street down from the noise on 5th and literally minutes to many wonderful restaurants. This year there were beach chairs in the rooms, a nice addition from the previous year, had a little cooler on the back of chairs, just enough for a few cold ones. The newer section of Club Yebo presents a very different atmosphere. More tropical garden style, palapa roofs on some rooms. We have actually booked one of these rooms for next year. We are very experienced travelers, have been to Playa 5 times now and without a doubt, this is the best deal in town!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

We really appreciate your comments. At Club Yebo we pride ourselves on our strong repeat clientele. Thank you for your continued support! We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit next year!

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Booked a room for 4 nights online via their website, about $50/night tax included. It is managed through Playa Palms hotel which is right on the beach. I walked about 10 blocks from the bus station to Playa palms, took about 20 minutes to checkin and then they had one of the hotel staff walk me over to my room. Club Yebo is about a block a way on the intersection of 12 st north and 1st ave north. It is in behind a dive shop called Phantom Divers so you can't see the hotel from the street but there is a little walkway to the left of the dive shop that leads you to the rooms.

I was in room 49, a Palapa covered single room with a queen sized bed. There was mosquito netting over the bed but it wasn't needed. The room was air conditioned, clean and relatively modern. There was a safe in the room, had to get a key from the front desk at Playa Palms. Some noise from neighboring bars and restaurants but I always travel with earplugs so I had no trouble sleeping. Only a block to the beach and there were some beach chairs in the room. All beaches in mexico are public so I could just take my chair and set it down anywhere on the beach where I could find room. The chair also had a small cooler on the back to I would buy a couple of beer from a local liquor store and keep them in my chair. 13 pesos a beer vs 40-50 pesos from the beach bars.

Would stay here again, I liked the palapa covered roof, I thought the room had the potential to be very romantic if you were to bring a significant other!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Club Yebo. We are also happy to report in an effort to continually upgrade our services we now have reception on site everyday from 9-5. During those hours there is no longer a need to check in at our sister property. We hope to welcome you again soon to Club Yebo!

General Manager, Club Yebo Hotel

Been to Club Yebo? Share your experiences!