“LOVED this Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel El Punto

You added Hotel El Punto to your Saves list
Hotel El Punto
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   5th Avenue & 8th Street | Colonia Centro, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #85 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“LOVED this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We just came back from this very nice boutique hotel. I booked this hotel with a Groupon and it sure was a very nice surprise. The location is perfect. You could find anything you needed from this location. I would pay the little extra cost for the larger rooms they have balconies and they are great to have. We love people watching so this was perfect to have a few drinks and watch people roam the streets.

I am a VERY picky person and this was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed in. The beds were made so well you could bounce a quarter off the bed.

The staff is amazing...I called and asked about an ice machine and 5 minutes later there was a knock on my door...Julio had requested the bar upstairs to bring us ice... what a nice surprise.

There is not a pool which I missed a little...but you are only 1 block away from the water and you can go to 2 different places to use their beach chairs...that was wonderful...one place you have to spend a certain amount of money and the other you don't...they are almost next door so either place is fine.

Our room faced the front and the side and the mariachi bands did not bother us at all. The air conditioner worked great....you couldn't hear it as other people stated and I actually had to put a blanket on because it worked so well.

I feel that any negative comments were from people that will never be happy no matter where they go...

I really do not have one negative thing to say about this hotel....

Room Tip: I would get one of the large rooms...they have the balconies and the balcony is great!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear LUKECharlotteNC, we would like to thank you so much for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It was a real pleasure to have you as guests and we are extremely happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we exceeded your expectations. We hope to host you again in the near future and we remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We used a groupon for this hotel. Given the deal, it was very inexpensive. The hotel is nice, modern rooms, and the staff is extremely nice. You receive free breakfast across the street and beach towels. Also, you can recieve coupons to certain restaurants as beach clubs (make sure to ask the front desk for them). The rooftop bar had delicious food. It was one block from the beach and two from the club strip. The downside is that the rooms were on the smaller end and there was no elevators (a little tough to carry luggage three flights).

• Stayed July 2013
Dear YoungTraveller84, we would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. For all our team was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to have you again in the near future.
We remain at your service.
Warwick, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Perfect location,nice rooms and amazing roof top with bar!
I been with my wife and my parents that are over 65 but they really enjoy the young management and the service.
I will go back there for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hola Dear Stefanosalvemini, in behalf of our Boutique Hotel El Punto team we would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us as well as for choosing us for your precious vacations. Was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to have you again in the near future. We remain always at your service
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved this hotel! My partner and I stayed here after purchasing the groupon deal for the master suite for a three night stay. We were put in the a room with a balcony and a great view of the street and the beach. We absolutely loved it because we were able to hear mariachi music and all types of performances from our room. However, if you are someone who prefers peace and quiet by 10pm this might not be the best hotel for you since it is in the middle of everything and cab get pretty loud. Otherwise, the service was great! Lula and Roberto were wonderful and super helpful! We felt very safe and my partner and I had no issues at the hotel or at the beach. Beware wifi was a bit of an issue and did not work in our room. However it always worked in the lobby and they have a desktop computer for their patrons. Complimentary breakfast at Mi Pueblo was superb but keep in mind that you still need to pay tip. In addition, the rooftop bar/restaurant on top of the hotel had great pizza! Overall, wonderful stay and we couldn't have asked for better room or better service.

• Stayed July 2013
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hola dear Marti20v and thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience with us at Hotel El Punto. For us was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to have you again soon in the near future. We remain at your service.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel el Punto has a great location in Playa. The staff, minus the restaurant staff was extreamly helpful and knowledgable. The room was clean and comfortable, but the walls are paper thin. If you plan to go to bed before midnight... bring ear plugs. The restaurant upstairs on the rooftop was over priced and the staff seemed unhappy o be there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hola dear MNevermann and thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I have passed your comments along to the restaurant and they have taken actions since your comment. I truly hope you can come to visit us again soon. We remain always at your service.
Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at El Punto for five nights. The location is great if you want to stay near the beach and the busy nightlife. We had the master suite which was one of the best rooms with a big terrace facing the pedestrian street. The room was clean and lovely, and it had a coffee machine. The service at the hotel was very good and they could help with anything; booking trips, find restaurants etc. We had a great experience here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hola Miss Anja B and thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience at our Boutique Hotel El Punto. For us was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to have you again soon. We remain at your service!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed a Hotel El Punto and had a wonderful stay. We were able to book our airport transfer through the hotel and the check in/check out process was very easy as well. The staff at the hotel go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and provide everything that you need. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Roberto who was very accommodating and even offered to make local calls to confirm travel plans, reservations and an excursion that we booked. Every staff member we met was just as friendly and very welcoming. Prior to our arrival, I read several reviews that did not rate the hotel as excellent; however, I disagreed with many of the comments based on our stay. Individuals who complained were dissatisfied with the following: customer service, noise and their room. I don't want this review to get too lengthy but we did not experience these concerns. As far as customer service, based on our experience with EVERY staff member, we were always treated with respect, kindness and courtesy. I honestly could not imagine anyone at Hotel El Punto being unkind to any guest. As far as noise goes, all I can say is that you are in Mexico and you should embrace and enjoy Mexican culture. We never went to bed before 1AM which is when the upstairs bar closes but we could hear the music when we stopped in our room at night. The noise was not bad at all. In addition there was a live Mariachi band playing across from the hotel nightly. They could be a bit loud, but again, I found their music to be enjoyable and a nice reminder that if I was hearing them that meant I was in my room and not out enjoying this beautiful city. Finally, I read reviews about room issues. Again, no problems here. The room was very nice and clean, What you see in the photos is exactly what you get in the room. Additionally, breakfast was terrific at Mi Pueblo and La Azotea (rooftop bar) is great as well. Overall, I would say that if you book this hotel, you will be happy. Being a visitor to Mexico, I was very nervous about travel, especially after reading some of the other reviews. I e-mailed back and forth with the staff at-least 15 times with questions. Each time, my e-mails were responded to in a professional and timely manner and all of my questions were answered. I would simply suggest calling or e-mailing them if you have questions or concerns. If you book this hotel, you will have a great stay:)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15. Noise was not bad at all from the rooftop bar, but you could hear the mariachi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hola Mr. Robert G. and first of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel El Punto for your upcoming stay. We truly appreciate your kind comments and wonderful experience about your stay with us. We are devoted to our clients as is what we enjoy the most in this industry. We hope to host you again soon in the near future and once again thank you!

Been to Hotel El Punto? Share your experiences!