“Best day of our vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are the "Original" cenote, lagoon, turtle tour in the Riviera Maya- having been in the area and doing tours for 30 years! We are a family owned and operated business. We offer you the best of the area- for the best prices!From the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- to the Ancient Mayan Ruins, with so much more in between! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground rivers; snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish; swim/snorkel with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly in their own natural environment. For even more "edventure", visit our new Zipline park! Take a fun ATV or Unimog jeep ride- deep into the jungle! A menagerie of ziplines with connecting hanging bridges. Rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… Tour with us~ to experience this amazing area at it's best! We take families of all ages- Tots to Seniors~ and offer private tours for couples or groups of all sizes.Let us customize a day for you! We are honored to share with you, this wonderful bit of Paradise!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best day of our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We started the day our with the company picking us up at the hotel. We headed to Tulum ruins and spent an hour there and it was beautiful. The we got on some gator atv's and headed out the jungle. These were a lot of fun and it was about six mile to the zip line trails. There were nine zip lines and shaky bridges in between. We felt very secure through out the entire experience, your harnessed throughout to big thick cables attached to the trees or the zip lines. Brian was the main guide on our tour of the ziplines and did a safety coursw first about what touch and not touch while on the lines. I highly recommend bug spray the mosquitos werw horrible and could not wait to swin. When we finished with the ziplines we head to the cenotes to swim and cool down. The water was super refreshing and about 73 degrees. We did some snorkling in the underground one and then headed out for lunch. We didn't lunch until 2 and left our hotel at 7am. I will advise a snack because were super hungry for lunch. We had both the chicken and the pork tacos yummy. The food was delicious and they bring plenty of sodas, water, and beer for the day. There was only one other couple with us thoughout the trip.After lunch we went to see the sea turtles and saw about 8 of them it was wonderful being so close to them. Then we headed to a fresh water Laguna and swam with fish, I even saw a 2 barracuda. We got back to the hote l about 7 and were completely exhausted. I would recommend a trip to every one with this company!

Visited June 2013

San Francisco
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Day with Edventure Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

All the reviews are correct. We had an excellent adventure day with David our guide. He was knowledgeable, attentive and fun. My kids had a blast at the caves and were amazed at the lagoon with all the beautiful fishes. We had to whole lagoon to ourselves because it was closed off to the public when we went. We also used Edventure Tours to drive us to the Jungle Place (spider monkey santuary). They know how to get there. My suggestion if you are going to the Jungle Place, add the extreme adventure to your day. Make it a Super Extreme Adventure day! David was great and so was Santos our drive. He was on time and drove us from point A to B and to even Z. Thanks David for a memorable day.

Visited August 2013
Lee's Summit, Missouri
24 attraction reviews
“Great Day With Edventure Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just returned from our vacation in Mexico and I had to write a review about this tour company. We were picked up at our resort on time by a very nice driver and picked our tour guide Moises up along the way to the Tulum ruins. After exploring the ruins (really too hot to enjoy in August) we went on the snorkeling tour. It was wonderful! I think it was the best adventure I have ever been on! Moises is a great guide and was very patient and helpful with our 13 year old daughter. You can leave your personal items in the van (even items like cameras and passports) while snorkeling without worry. The driver seemed to stay close by at all times to watch over your stuff. We had lunch outside Ed's Oceanside home and it was very good. Everyone seemed to prefer the pork over the chicken. Moises was very good at answering any questions we had and was full of good information. We paid the extra $ for him to take pictures of us during the day. He took many and I could not wait to get home and see them. Unfortunately there was an error made and I was given pictures of another family. When I contacted them they regretted to inform me our pics had been deleted and were gone for good. I was heartbroken. Anyway- they said they would give back the money for that service. Other than that I have only high praise for this professional and fun bunch of people and highly recommend them for your next tour!

Visited August 2013
Karachi
“Edventure Tours, Playa del Carmen, Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We arrived in La Playa de Carmen and immediately called Bonnie up to double check on our reservation for our "Edventure Tour" the following day. Seeing that everything was a go, we peacefully fell asleep. The next morning we were notified promptly at 6:30 a.m. that our driver had arrived; as we were originally booked to leave at 7:30 a.m, we took our time getting ready and sat in the van at about 7:25. To our dismay we realized that we were still on Eastern Standard Time (one hour behind), and thus we were late for our "Edventure." The driver told us not to panic, and quickly called Eddy up explaining the situation, the phone was soon handed to my mother and Eddy calmly told her not to worry our "Edventure" would continue according to plan. He completely excused the lateness without shortening any activity (he's a real gem of a entrepreneur). We ziplined, swum in the most remarkable cenotes (underwater caves) imaginable, and even grappled down a man made rock climbing rig. Halfway into the day we stopped for a wonderful lunch of pork and chicken tacos while gulping down a limitless supply of anything from local Sol beer to coca cola. As we finished lunch, my mother received a frantic international call from our family in Pakistan, and we were forced to leave the tour to deal with an unexpected emergency. We called Eddy and explained the situation, and not only did he make it his personal concern that we were rushed to our hotel at once, but he also insisted we finish the remaining half of the tour at our convenience with no extra cost. So three days later we met up with our guide David -- David is one of the most remarkable people i've met, he is not just an excellent guide, but truly a caring person who made it his duty to keep a smile on all our faces and keep my little sisters entertained at all times. This time we went to another cenote called "Dos Ojos," -- the most amazing cite I have ever witnessed in my life - David knew the cenote at the back of his hand and took us snorkeling through a series of passages so that we literally snorkeled from one cave to another (UNBELIEVABLE!). My youngest sister had recently suffered a leg injury, and David made it his mission to make sure she had as much fun as the rest of the family, holding her hand and supporting her so that she could experience the cave with the same splendor as the rest of the family. We then were taken to a beach where we swum with turtles, and not only did we see 1 turtle but ended up seeing and swimming right next to about 15 turtles (in a span of half an hour) IN THE WILD!!! We had also signed up with Eddy for the whale shark tour which probably is the greatest experience of my life. David checked the weather and told us to come on a specific Friday (as he realized the water would be flat then) and we ended up swimming with about 40 whale sharks while spotting at least 100 with our naked eyes (imagine swimming with the biggest fish in the world, it was uncanny).
The rest of our Mexican vacation was fun, but it did not touch our experience with Eddy and his "Edventure tour"

Visited July 2013
Gill, Massachusetts
51 attraction reviews
“Phenominal - MUST DO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was certainly the highlight of my week in Playa Del Carmen. This tour company was prompt in all of its correspondence with me. They picked me up at my hotel and drove me down to Edventure Headquarters. What I really liked was the amount of options you had for your tour of the day. I chose snorkeling the cenotes, snorkeling with the turtles, and snorkeling at the aquarium which is an area where the river meets the ocean. Snorkeling in three different environments in one day was awesome. This was the only tour company that had that option and trust me I did a lot of research. Javier was our guide and he was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable and was able to judge our abilities and ascertained we could handle going out to the reef and then back into the turtles to avoid all of the crowds. Lunch was also delicious and liquids were always available. You will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2013