“Unsafe and untrustable hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Azul

Hotel Azul
You added Hotel Azul to your Saves list
Hotel Azul
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5ta avenida entre calles 10 y 12, Playa del Carmen 77710 , Mexico   |
Ranked #185 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Los Angeles, California
“Unsafe and untrustable hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I lost my expensive property during storing the luggage at the counter. I am definitely sure my property is stolen when the staffs were "carefully" looking after my luggage. And the staffs are fail and reluctant to provide any help and reply for my case.
And everything does not look as nice as the pictures, be prepare for a huge surprise for this terrible hotel.
*Never stay in this hotel otherwise you might lost more money and time to talk to them than I did.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I got a great deal online and stayed in May for 2 nights for only US$23p/nt. That was a great deal since a hostel would've been $20p/nt for the 2 of us.

There was a good working A/C & ceiling fan. It's a basic hotel in a great location. It was nice to have clean water service provided 24/7 for free. They also provide a continental breakfast which is alright but across the street there's really good breakfast for just about 80-100 pesos.

The bed was pretty hard springs and kindda lopsided. The toilet wouldn't flush even toilet paper and clogged up the toilet. It was then that I noticed a sign that says, "Please do not throw toilet paper into the toilet" lol, That was funny so I took a pic. So in essence, we had to keep throwing soiled toilet paper into the trash can. That wasn't hygienic and definitely was starting to smell a few hours later.

The pool pics are pretty. But I wouldn't dare get into it. It looked like a mosquito haven. I sprayed Insect repellent on my clothes everytime to keep the mosquitoes away.

We were there only 2 nights so this was a good deal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel ever. Even in india i would have pay 5 dollars a night for that. But 70 dollars!! Dont go there, the staff is rude, and the rooms... Well no water to wash, no tv, no lights working, a real pain to sleep there. Beds were dirty, pillows looked like there came from trash..

• Stayed March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I spent 8 long nights in this place.
This is my first time writing a review of any kind but this place was too bad not to mention.
Dont believe the images or the features on the website.
The rooms are closer to a prison cell than a hotel room.
Tv doesnt work never mind cable and probably hasnt for along time.
Pool really small and dont think has been cleaned in along time.
Rooms are tiny, dirty and moldy.
Wifi doesnt work inside rooms only in reception.
Manager doesnt care, was rude to my partner.
For the price there lots of hotels in the same location 100 times nicer.
Dont think this place will be open much longer, building/ rooms are very dated, nothing works and think me and my partner were the only people staying there.
Only thing not negative is the location.
Worst hotel I have every stayed in

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have traveled to 24 countries in the last 14 years and this is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed. The tv cable was disconnected and everyday I was told it would be fixed. The pool was too small for an adult to do anything but lay, I didn't go in as it looked too dirty. The water was turned off at night and one morning the guard refused to turn it on until after 7 - meanwhile I waited over an hour and then there was no water to my room. I ended up using some bottled drinking water to sponge bath as I could not wait further. The aircon had one speed and no idea what the set temperature was as it was that worn, also extremely noisy. And worst was the MOLD. I thought I was fighting off a cold but it seems it was the mold. I did not realize how bad it was until I got home - I had to wash everything 2 and 3 times with disinfectant soap and disinfect everything that came in contact with my bags. I really wish I knew how to report them to some sort of health authority and have them shut-down. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Mendoza, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went there with my boyfriend last year and we stayed at Azul for 11 days. The location is more than perfect; it is near the beach, in fact 2 blocks, it is by the main street where you have at 2 or 3 blocks the best restaurantes in the area, Even the least known restaurants are fantastic!. You have coco bongo to go dancing, and many oher places to go for a drink or a snack.
The only weak point was the shower: water hardly ran from the shower head and therefore we wasted a lot of time taking showers.
The pool, on the other hand, is very pretty but somewhat cold.

Room Tip: water is not drinkable, neither there nor in other hotels nearby so, be careful!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

we wanted to stay in that hotel for one night, we paid a 1000 pesos, and 10 minutes after we got into the room i wanted to take a shower and the shower tap was broken!!! we couldnt take a shower, sowe went to the receptionist and she told us that someone will come in a few minutes to fix it and that it will take 5 minutes. offcourse the guy came after 30 minutes and it took time untill he "fixed" it. the shower was still not useable, and we still couldnt take a shower after all this time. we wanted to get our money back and that started a whole new story.. the receptionist tryed to talk to her boss but her boss wasnt available so she told me to wait, and after 35 minutes the boss finely responed and talled her that i can get some of the money back, but not all of it because i used the room! i was in the room for only 40 minutes, but 30 minutes of it where to wait for my shower to get fixed!!! and why did they let me use that room if the shower is broken?! just stay out of this hotel, and of tropical hotel- same owner same shi*t

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hotel Azul? Share your experiences!