My bet is that those who have posted complaints about the front desk staff gave the front desk staff reason to act as they did. I want to distinguish between the front desk and the concierge as I only interacted with the front desk staff and found them to be helpful with taxis, planning self-guided adventures, renting a car, and trying to extend my stay (which unfortunately I could not do as a result of the airlines, not the hotel). My family and I found the 2 bed/2 bath unit to be exactly what we were looking for. We ate breakfast and some lunches at home and ate other meals around town and in Akumal and Tulum (I will try to write my trip report soon). The pool is probably the best on the main beach, the security was attentive and in control at all times that I monitored them. The music from surrounding clubs was never an issue. The ability to play on the beach and in the ocean and then shower off and jump in the pool was great. The convenience to 5th ave. shops and restaurants was wonderful. We walked everywhere: the ruins in Playacar, the fire show at Fusion on the beach at night, the North End for fresh pasta, groceries at Mega and on and on. The beach was busy during the middle of the day, but that was part of the fun. We always found chairs and enjoyed the people watching and periodically stepped next door to Zenzi for some live music. We are very self sufficient so this property may not be appropriate for that all-inclusive crowd. I rented a car one day and was able to park in the underground lot while we loaded and unloaded. I observed the time-share tours, but was never approached or solicited by any salesperson. The balcony had a nice view. My only mistake was not booking a longer trip. I would go again without a second thought and hope to do so before too long.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Expedia so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.