I'm at el faro now. My wife and I have been here for 11 days, going home tomorrow. I will write a full review after I get home but just wanted to share our extreme frustrations while it is still fresh. Because of our all inclusive bracelets, we are receiving absolutely horrible and rude service from the servers at wickys. Everyday, when I complain to one of the MANY managers I am assured that it will not happen again. Well, we sat at the beach for 1hour today while everyone around us was served and we got nada as usual. Because I'm getting use to this treatment I walked a short distance to the outside bar at wickys and ordered a bucket of four beer. He told me he had to check with the manager first who happened to be standing close by. The manager recognized me and authorized the bucket. Why do I have to go through this bs every time I want something. The list of horrible events at wickys is long and as our air transit rep told us, they are aware of the problems and are working towards improving the service for all inclusive guests. Not going to help me. The location and accommodations at El Faro are wonderful, it's too bad that the absolutely horrible service wwe received at wicks overshadowed the whole Christmas vacation, including Christmas dinner... After being assured by the air transit rep and Ickes manager that Christmas dinner was included in our package a note was slipped unde our door which e discovered 2 hours before Christmas dinne that dinne had been moved to mr chiles up the street. We had lunch once at mr chiles and didn't enjoy the food or atmosphere so had no intention of celebrating Christmas dinner there. We got dressed and went to a nice restaurant on 5th ave at a considerable expense to us.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Expedia so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.