My husband and I stayed at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba for 4 nights in late July. It was a spectacular and memorable treat. Upon arrival (~30-40 minute drive from CUN airport), it was like we had entered into another world, a beautiful private oasis.
We stayed at a pool villa (400s area right by the hotel lobby/restaurants). Our villa was fantastic and extremely private. Our private pool/outdoor area was large enough that we had little reason to even leave our room at times!
Service was outstanding throughout our stay. Staff members were friendly and attentive at ALL times. We spent a lot of time chatting with various staff members and getting to know them. There's really nothing else that needs to be said outside of what everyone else has already said. TOP NOTCH.
One confession - we didn't expect much out of the dining options at BT after reading some older reviews. We consider ourselves foodies and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals on the property. We dined at Sands and Tamarind. We recommend the ceviche at Sands. Our Tamarind meal was one of our best meals of our trip (shrimp risotto appetizer and two delicious fish entrees) in a beautiful backdrop, with perfect service. We did not dine at Saffron as we had no interest in Thai cuisine while in Mexico, though the outdoor dining area there looked beautiful. We spent the other nights dining out at downtown Playa del Carmen as we wanted to dine at the local taquerias and restaurants as well.
Be sure to do the eco-tour - we really enjoyed it thanks to Adrian, his watchful eye spotted the most unique wildlife of Quintana Roo for us. We luckily got a private tour by him as another group didn't show up. After cruising by Fairmont and Rosewood , my husband and I both agreed that Banyan Tree was by far the best out of the three Mayakoba properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A harmonious blend of nature and luxury, Banyan Tree Mayakoba takes resort living to new heights with the first all-pool villa resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts brings Asian hospitality to the beautiful development of Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, complete with Banyan Tree Mayakoba pool villas offering premium seclusion and an expansive Mayakoba spa complex with the introduction of the award-winning Banyan Tree Mayakoba Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico