We are just getting back from our trip to the banyan tree. It was simply awesome.
Food: great service especially the morning brunch. For a buffet style it is totally gourmet. The restaurants are expensive but again the food and service is excellent. Only negative is that when making reservations it is sometimes difficult to get the time you want. However, every time we went to eat the places would be less than half full?
Rooms: totally cool. Every room is like its own little suite. Very clean, large and if you need more of something like coffee or bottled water it's there in under 5 minutes.
Pool: not the type of place to go if you want to hear blaring music and drunk people doing chicken fights in the pool. Elegant. Great lunch (rec the shrimp burrito. Had it everyday it was so good). Never seemed too crowded.
Spa: best massage I have ever had. Period.
Intangibles: large resort. You have to travel by bike or golf cart to get most places, however they were not an inconvience. Staff was more than accommodating. Rooms were one of the coolest and most unique we have ever stayed in. Our trip and experience was worth every dollar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A harmonious blend of nature and luxury, Banyan Tree Mayakoba takes resort living to new heights with the first all-pool villa resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts brings Asian hospitality to the beautiful development of Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, complete with Banyan Tree Mayakoba pool villas offering premium seclusion and an expansive Mayakoba spa complex with the introduction of the award-winning Banyan Tree Mayakoba Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico