I've lived in South America, South East Asia and USA and have had the luxury of staying at some of the best hotels in each of these continent and southern Europe, and I can honestly say I have never been as surprised and blown away by a hotel as I was with Banyan Tree Mayakoba. The Villas are spectacular and full of detail and architectural texture with a full swimming pool and jet jacuzzi, distinct environments and beautiful surrounding nature and gardens as well as estuaries and canals. We got the spa pool villa, ordered in a lot of Margaritas and the wine cellar in the room can be restocked to your choice of wineS and champagnes.The golf course is PGA standard and well kept and the staff has a Mexican laugh and attitude with the Asian attention to detail. I am a German and Colombian dual citizen and cannot spare words for this hotel. Book it and spend your vacations in retreat and majestuosity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region’s most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 117 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico