We booked a last minute trip to the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in March 2012 and we very pleased with our choice. The hotel was lovely, and the privacy of the villas was exactly what we were looking for - we could be completely self-contained if that was what we wanted, although we did spend time at the main pool and at the beach througout our stay. We stayed in the base-level villa - we were far from the beach but close to reception and to the restaurants. The food at the restaurants was pretty good - we were frankly a little tired of eating at the hotel after 6 nights but that was to be expected. The gym was small but decently appointed. The beach itself was far from the best beach I have ever been on, but the hotel certainly made the most of it and as compared to the other hotels in the same area, we were definitely happy we had chosen the Banyan Tree. If I were to go back, I would ask for a room that got a little more afternoon sun - we got a good portion of the sun in the morning but were in the shade for the most of the afternoon, which was disappointing. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful which made the experience all the more enjoyable. If you are looking for a very low-key, relaxing getaway I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A harmonious blend of nature and luxury, Banyan Tree Mayakoba takes resort living to new heights with the first all-pool villa resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts brings Asian hospitality to the beautiful development of Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, complete with Banyan Tree Mayakoba pool villas offering premium seclusion and an expansive Mayakoba spa complex with the introduction of the award-winning Banyan Tree Mayakoba Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Splendia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico