(We actually stayed in Feb 2013, not Sep 2013, but Feb 2013 is not an option anymore.)
Just wanted to write a short notice about our third trip to this fantastic resort, that took place in Feb 2013.
I don't really have that much to add, since I have already written long reviews for our stays in Feb 2010 and Feb 2011, but:
After having stayed at Grand Velas RM in 2010 and 2011, we wanted to do something else, and in 2012 we went instead to Turk & Caicos. We stayed for one week at The Veranda, and one week at Beaches.
And although the Veranda was said to be the similar in standard to Grand Velas, and although it was nice and we enjoyed our stay there, we could not help but compare it to Grand Velas - and it just could not compete. At Grand Velas the food is much better, choise of restaurants/menues much better, service very much better, and the whole property is so much better kept. The only thing better at The Veranda, was that you could get multiple room suites/apartment of different sizes, and in Grand Velas you mainly get 1-room suites.
Beaches is of course a different kind of property to Grand Velas completely and we expected that - so that we were fine with the food/service not being as good there as in Grand Velas. What Beaches had to offer in terms of activities etc for the children made up for that, so we enjoyed our stay there, too.
We've always had Ambassadors Suites in Grand Velas, first time with ocean view, second and third time with pool view. During our stay in 2013 we were shown some larger suites that they have in the part to the left (facing the beach) - i.e close to the breakfast restaurant at Ambassador. These were really, really nice (if very expensive), so that we have decided that sometime we will stay in one of these. We will for sure go back again in a couple of years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico