We have just come back from 2 weeks in this hotel and we have had a great time, we had a suite in the Zen section which I did not realise when I booked it is probably 0.5 mile from the beach and you need to get a shuttle bus, this is not clear when you book these rooms. Our room was lovely and Paco was our floor concierge, he was brilliant restaurant bookings, spa bookings, trip information, town info, laundry and even late night margaritas. Being in the Zen section ended up being a blessing because we had the Zen pool pretty much to ourselves for the whole time, it was never busy. The one day we went to the beach and main pool we struggled to get loungers and found it a little loud and busy, it was very nice and service was good.
In the Zen pool section special mentions must go to Gerry, Alex, Bautista and Oscar who were the pool guys and were truly excellent, loungers, towels, drinks, food and friendly nothing too much trouble, they really made every day at the pool.
The shuttle bus thing between the 3 hotel blocks was fine once you got used to it and if you use all the restaurants and spa you will definitely use it at least a couple of times a day.
The Spa was great always arrive an hour before your treatment for the whole hydrotherapy experience(sauna, steam, cold room, clay room and great pool, we had a couple of massages and a facial all of which were excellent.
Gym pretty well equipped 8 cv machines and a broad range of weight machines, very quiet and open pretty much all the time.
Laundry service was quick and high quality.
Restaurants breakfast buffet in Azul most days food all fresh and tasty and a wide range of just about everything. Chaka day time Mexican for lunch very tasty. Luca Italian great food, great service. Sen Lin, pan Asian some truly excellent food try the starter soft shell crab, entree curried chicken and the desert peppered strawberries. The best restaurant and our absolute favourite was Frida fine dining Mexican we went 4 times and worked our way through most of the menu, every dish was inventive, well flavoured and seasoned and the staff team were professional, knowledgable and very very friendly, spoiling us on our anniversary, our leaving night and really looking after our 8 year old son.
We will definitely be back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico