We stayed at Grand Velas in Aug 2014 in the Zen section. We traveled with another couple, and we had no kids with us:) We were warmly greeted by the concierge(albeit without cold towels or drinks) when we arrived.This place is really huge with lots of foliage and greenery.We were given our suite immediately, even though we arrived early(around 12pm). We were impressed by our suite; it was beautiful. We had a great patio with a small pool in the back of the room and every morning you could hear birdsongs and chirping of other creatures. Our luggage took some time to arrive, however.I think the only negative I can think of, is the staff can be a little laid back at times and slow to deliver. Room service does take a while to arrive.They are all very friendly,though, and they never hang around for tips,although we tipped everyone well..Our concierge was Mcmain( the spelling may be wrong!) and he was such a nice guy. He made our reservations for dinner each evening. He was very helpful and he is an asset to the hotel.
The shuttle between the 3 sections of the hotel was quick to arrive each time. I dont think we waited more than 5 minutes each time. All the restaurants are also pretty good..we loved Lucca and Bistro. Chaka too was pretty good for breakfast and lunch. We also visited Frieda, Azul and Sen Lin.The only drawback is their very few vegetarian options..they really need to address this issue.I have to give special mention to all the chefs, who specially made vegetarian meals for us, upon request!
The infinity pool in the Ambassador section was awesome and we spent a lot of time there.The drinks service at the pool tends to be a bit slow, and of course,some of the drinks are watered down, but you almost expect this at an all inclusive hotel.
Overall, the quality and ambience at this hotel is outstanding and we did have a great time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico