I was recently at Grand Velas Riviera Maya for a wedding and other than the views of the beach the resort came up short everywhere else. The hotel is quite expensive and the service was horribly slow. They hotel was opperating at 30% occupancy and they still could not accomidate even simple requests. The service is bad, the food is average, and every request was an ordeal. Some servers would not even acknowledge you. Simple requests took 45 minutes to an hour to complete. I had a reservation for 3 at one of their resturants, and made the simple request to add a 4th (the resturant was half full) and they said they couln't make the change. It blew my mind. Money was stolen from me (out of the safe nontheless; which is crazy). I heard of other items being taken from quests as well. I will never go back and I hope no one else does either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico