This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. The pools are so plentiful that even when the hotel was full it did not seem crowded. Even the restrooms were gorgeous. The room in the Grand Class was amazing. It was large, comfortable, clean and the snacks and fridge were always stocked. The bathroom had a large jaccuzi tub and rain shower. We had a beautiful balcony with a private pool and lounge over-looking the ocean. The best part about the Grand Class was the quiet. Since it was separated from the family friendly section, when we wanted to rest, it was possible.
The staff is kind and helpful but sometimes seemed unable to answer basic questions...one example was when we were booked for dinner reservations on a night when that particular restaurant wasn't open. The poolside staff was very accomodating most days. One day when we felt that we were waiting too long for service, the manager got right to straightening things out.
The food is unbelievable. There are so many choices that it is difficult to make selections. The best restaurant for food and service is the french, Piaf. The Italian restaurant would be a close second but had the slowest service. The molecular restaurant is only for the most adventurous diners.
The only drawbacks to this vacation was the lack of things to do in the evenings. The only entertainment or activity after dinner was the karaoke bar. There was a large company using the facility while we were there and we were jealous of the dance party that they had at the beach. Even if once a week, they had a dance party or theme night of some sort, it would be nice. When choosing an all inclusive resort, I didn't want to venture out into town every evening to seek out and pay for entertainment. Maybe even having some music piped into the area outside the piano bar for some dancing....something.
So, it was ALMOST paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico