We booked to stay at Azul Fives based on the 1bdrm set up due to our 2 young kids, 2yrs & 3yrs. I planned on writing a detailed review of the resort with lots of information such as menus, internet rates, photos, resort maps, wine and drinks, and kids club. This seemed to be missing from the reviews and photos.
When we checked in, we were told they were overbooked and could only accommodate us in a standard room for 4 nights, then 3 in the room we booked. They offered some additional compensation but it was resort credits (all inclusive package + resort credits = who cares) . As it turns out, another couple from Canada were also downgraded on the same day. A few days later I overheard another family checking in and given the same story, overbooked.
The 1+ bedroom configuration is why people book and they are clearly overbooking the resort. Because of this approach, I can not recommend staying here and will not be going back either.
For us, this downgrade really added needless frustration and cramped space to a much needed vacation. Stay away unless you are happy with a down grade.
On a final note, there's is so much potential for this place. I would say in our experience, almost all past reviews are fairly accurate. Clean/dirty room (i mean dirty!), english/no-english, nice/rude, slow/quick service. We encountered so much variability. We quickly figured out our routine to ensure we had a good time but we couldn't crack the crappy room situation.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming playa del carmen, azul fives hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks.Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.